Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Big Byte

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 7, 2009
Hi, when I sync my iPhone, where on my computer can I find the notes that I created on my iPhone? Thanks.

DPA

macrumors 65816
In Mail, there is a folder called Reminders. When you expand that section, there is a Notes folder where any iPhone notes are synced. If you are on a PC, I'm not sure where they are synced. You shouldn't have to setup a Mail account to get to the Notes, although it may require you to in order to get to the Mail browser.

DPA

Big Byte

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 7, 2009
In Mail, there is a folder called Reminders. When you expand that section, there is a Notes folder where any iPhone notes are synced. If you are on a PC, I'm not sure where they are synced. You shouldn't have to setup a Mail account to get to the Notes, although it may require you to in order to get to the Mail browser.

DPA

Sorry, guys, but I'm a little lost here. I'm using an iBook G4 with my iPhone 3GS. In the applications folder on my iBook, I have a Mail icon, but no folders. If I click on the icon, it asks to provide a description of the "incoming mail server" but, because I don't know what it is (I have a hotmail account), I can't continue to setup my account. Can anyone be a little more specific as to where I can find my notes once I've synced my iPhone? Thanks.

DPA

macrumors 65816
Follow some instructions on how to setup a hotmail account (it'll be nice having your Mail app setup anyway) and then once that's done make sure Notes are selected to sync (in iTunes with your iPhone connected). Notes are under the Info tab on your iPhone's device page in iTunes. After you do that, you should have all your Notes on your iPhone synced onto your Mac in the Mail application. I've attached a screenshot so you can see exactly what I'm talking about with the Reminders and Notes folder.

DPA

Attachments

• ggg.jpg
    ggg.jpg
    241.2 KB · Views: 911
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.