Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mscriv

macrumors 601
Original poster
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
How do I make a thread printable? I've used the "show printable version" in thread tools, but the page layout and font settings are huge. For example, link. This thread is less than thirty posts long, but to print it would take eight pages. :eek:

Is there a way to print a thread with a page layout and font size that is reasonable so as not to waste paper? :confused:

-aggie-

macrumors P6
Jun 19, 2009
Where bunnies are welcome.
How do I make a thread printable? I've used the "show printable version" in thread tools, but the page layout and font settings are huge. For example, link. This thread is less than thirty posts long, but to print it would take eight pages. :eek:

Is there a way to print a thread with a page layout and font size that is reasonable so as not to waste paper? :confused:

That didn't look huge to me, but why don't you just copy and paste the page into Word and edit out any junk and choose a font or page layout to further minimize pages?

mscriv

macrumors 601
Original poster
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
^ I was hoping to avoid that type of work. While it is a simple solution, it takes time and can be tedious depending on the thread and what it contains.

As far as your assessment that it's not too big, well four posts a page seems too large for me. There's got to be a way to simply shrink the default font size when you go to print mode.

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
Use the printable version then click print and change the scale of the print in the printer settings.

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
How 'bout picking "Layout" in the drop-down list in the Print dialog box and setting Pages per Sheet to 2 or 4?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.