Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Connecticut

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 3, 2007
I recently just got rid of my PC and want to know if there is a way to download ActiveSync on my iMac so that I can sync my Samsung BlackJack phone...thanks for your help guys!!

Cameront9

macrumors 6502a
Aug 6, 2006
Is this a Windows Mobile phone? You should check versiontracker and/or google for a program called "MissingSync" that will allow you to sync with Windows mobile devices.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
I have a currently not-being-used copy of this program... it's not too bad. I'm not sure it supports WM6 at this point. Does your Blackjack have 5 or 6 on it?

P.S. if licenses are transferrable, I'd certainly be glad to sell you mine at a discount. :D

classof2011

macrumors regular
Dec 2, 2006
Flying with American Airlines
I have a currently not-being-used copy of this program... it's not too bad. I'm not sure it supports WM6 at this point. Does your Blackjack have 5 or 6 on it?

P.S. if licenses are transferrable, I'd certainly be glad to sell you mine at a discount. :D

BlackJack's have WM5. Probably the worst phone I've ever had, seeing as Cingular had to replace it twice in 2 months.

I thought ActiveSync was free :confused:

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
BlackJack's have WM5. Probably the worst phone I've ever had, seeing as Cingular had to replace it twice in 2 months.

I thought ActiveSync was free :confused:

It's a Microsoft proprietary product. They have not ported it to the mac: they want you to have to use Windows if you use one of their terrible phones.

NostradamusZen

macrumors newbie
Sep 7, 2008
The Missing Sync asks for ActiveSync :(

*reaches for MikeTheC's Crystal ball*
*smashes it on the ground*

do not want to pay for something i have already paid for.

Yep, The Missing Sync purports to do the necessary - but insists that your Mac is ActiveSync enabled. I think that's called a 'Catch 22'.

*gnashes teeth and gets out Ubuntu install disk*

NostradamusZen

macrumors newbie
Sep 7, 2008
Finally got it figured

Yep, The Missing Sync purports to do the necessary - but insists that your Mac is ActiveSync enabled. I think that's called a 'Catch 22'.

*gnashes teeth and gets out Ubuntu install disk*

OK, I finally got my O2 Orbit PDA to synchronise to my MacBook Pro over a Bluetooth connection using The Missing Sync. It's a helluva round-and-round process - the main problem being that TMS's help file is missing chunks of essential information.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.