Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What will Apple's iPad case cost?

• Total voters

goobot

macrumors 603
Jun 26, 2009
long island NY
40 dollars. mm i dont know. 30 sounds better but its a $500+. idk if ill buy. i already want 32g and 3g and the keyboard dock. there is only so much i can buy:(

Sketh

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2007
The case looks alright, but I think I'd prefer a rounder case. Plus I'm already stretched thin justifying the extra 130 for 3G.

Honestly, I think I'll just get a sleeve for it, I don't plan on using it anywhere buy sitting, and in that situation I'll take my chances with dropping it.

UltimateSyn

macrumors 601
Mar 3, 2008
Massachusetts
Confirmed by several sites to be $39
Keyboard Dock - $69
Dock - $29
Camera Connection Kit - $29

The case looks kinda cheap/flimsy in these pictures, though:
3.jpg

ipadhandson_ars19.jpg

ipadhandson_ars16.jpg

Just the way the construction comes into that point..

I might hold out for an incase or the Griffin Elan Passport

bobob

macrumors 68040
Jan 11, 2008
I don't like the look of that construction either. Luckily, like with all Apple products, there'll be no shortage of case options available.

mrgreen4242

macrumors 601
Feb 10, 2004
I thought the Apple case looked nice... The utility of it looks decent as well. Nice and slim, two ways to use it as a stand, screen cover, folds all the way around for handheld tablet use... Assuming a magnetic latch and decent construction, it looks like a good buy to me. Saying it looks cheap or flimsy is a little shortsided without actually seeing it in person.

AngryApple

macrumors 6502
Dec 25, 2008
I'm not feelin' the love for Apple's case. I'll buy the keyboard attachment, though. Hopefully Speck or some other company will make a pretty case that has a flap.

GermanSuplex

macrumors 68000
Aug 26, 2009
Eh, that case doesn't look so hot. In the pictures of just the case on a white background, it looked nice, but those pics make it look overly bulky and not that good dimensional-wise. I think I'll wait for something better or possibly find out how to make my own.

bbydon

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2005
ATL
I think he means that $99 leather ipod case from a long time ago. It was about the time when they came out with the $500 ski jacket.

The ipad case is stated to be $39

Arran

macrumors 601
Mar 7, 2008
Atlanta, USA
Eh, that case doesn't look so hot. In the pictures of just the case on a white background, it looked nice, but those pics make it look overly bulky and not that good dimensional-wise. I think I'll wait for something better or possibly find out how to make my own.

Admittedly that sharp-ish ridge round the perimeter looks very un-Apple, but it likely serves as a 'sacrificial' shock absorber (like a car's crumple zone) if you drop the thing on it's edge.

$40 is low enough to get folks to buy them for protection, but I can't imagine they cost anything near that to make.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.