Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sandra7109

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 10, 2008
Help I am in Chile on vacation for 3 weeks and my iphone has locked itself on the connect to itunes screen. I have tried to restore it many times but it says it is locked with a passcode but it will not give me the option of getting to the screen that lets me unlock it.

I have tried a hard restore but get the error message 23 everytime, the people at rogers told me to hold the power button and the home button until the connect to itunes screen appears and then let go of the home button but continue holding the power button to do a DUI? restore but it does not work either ??

Is there anyway I can restore my phone so I can use it to enjoy my vacation ? I really was relying on the video camera and the translater app I installed.

pcs are junk

macrumors 65816
Sep 28, 2009
the people at rogers told me to hold the power button and the home button until the connect to itunes screen appears and then let go of the home button but continue holding the power button to do a DUI? restore but it does not work either ??

yes because rogers really knows what their talking about by telling you to put it into driving under the influence. no, its dfu mode. turn the phone off, make sure its plugged in, and while its currently off, hold the power and home simultaneously for exactly 10 seconds, then release the power button and keep holding the home button until itunes recognizes a phone in recovery mode, (you're really in dfu mode). then click restore and you should be good to go. i just hope your factory unlocked otherwise you wont be able to use that phone again on rogers for a long time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.