Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

msv

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 16, 2008
I've searched and found others with similar issues, but none of those threads provided a solution.

This is happening on just a few TV episodes. I have hundreds that work fine, but on just a few iTunes will not save the artwork. I can add it just like with any other file, either drag and drop, or using the "add" button. It appears in the window, but after hitting "ok" it doesn't apply. Hit Get Info again and there is nothing there.

All of these are encoded using Handbrake with the same settings used for everything else, and I haven't been able to figure out anything. Deleting the file and re-adding results in the same problems.

Anybody experienced this and found a solution?

chappa-ai

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2011
Same problem here with the latest version of iTunes. Very sloppy programming by Apple, and I'm qualified to say so being a programmer myself.

xjryan

macrumors newbie
Dec 1, 2012
Arizona
fixed my "album artwork wont apply" problem

my album artwork wouldnt change on certain things but i discovered that the items that wouldn't change were ones from shows that i had in my purchased tab in the itunes store. once i hide those, in the purchased tab, it allowed me to use any artwork i wanted for any file. just thought i would throw it out there if someone was having a similar problem

cmdelgado

macrumors newbie
Dec 2, 2012
save artwork to artwork folder

I have been ripping my dvd and cd collection for some time now, and recently cam up on this issue where my artwork suddenly stopped being able to save when copying and pasting, or dragging to iTunes in the get info screen. Very frustrating to say the least. I solved my problem by saving copies of the .jpg files to the "album artwork-->downloads" folder in my iTunes library in finder (mac OSX). Then using the "add" function in the "get info" screen, I was able to make iTunes save the artwork, and it is now visible in my Apple TV, which is really what I am going for. hope this helps!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.