Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

StefanCourteaux

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 21, 2010
Alright, i have been trying to buy a macbook all day now but the site is not working for me. Well not really all day, I tried 4 times or so, you know what I mean. Anyway. I do not have an account, so when i fill my virtual shopping cart and try to check out, it asks me to create a new account. After entering my e-mail adress, the site stops working. I have tried different browsers/computers/operating systems. I tried to attach a screenshot to show what I mean, I hope it works. Does anyone know why this happens? Do I have to use a school mail adress or what? Because that would be impractical... Ideas?

Attachments

• Screenshot-1.png
    Screenshot-1.png
    25.5 KB · Views: 164
  • Screenshot-2.png
    Screenshot-2.png
    40.7 KB · Views: 142

StefanCourteaux

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 21, 2010
i tried linux+FF3 and 3.5 and win7 with chrome. I tried it without extensions after clearing cache etc and...no luck. Kinda sucks, I'm trying to spend money here! :p

StefanCourteaux

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 21, 2010
I went through the whole process again on my painfully slow ibook using safari and opera. The result is the same. It does not work. I will try again next week or so. Damn technology, never working like it should. Sometimes i feel like throwing out all this electronic trash and grow myself some vegetables...

xShane

macrumors 6502a
Nov 2, 2012
United States
Alright, i have been trying to buy a macbook all day now but the site is not working for me. Well not really all day, I tried 4 times or so, you know what I mean. Anyway. I do not have an account, so when i fill my virtual shopping cart and try to check out, it asks me to create a new account. After entering my e-mail adress, the site stops working. I have tried different browsers/computers/operating systems. I tried to attach a screenshot to show what I mean, I hope it works. Does anyone know why this happens? Do I have to use a school mail adress or what? Because that would be impractical... Ideas?

Hey, try this:

1. Clear your cache and cookies.
2. Go to Apple ID.
3. Make a new Apple ID if you do not already have one. If you do, sign in.
4. Then go to the Apple Store.
5. Make sure you're already signed in.
6. Try purchasing one now that you're already signed in.

Hope this helps.

960design

macrumors 68040
Apr 17, 2012
Destin, FL
Use Safari when browsing the apple store. I've noticed Firefox and Chrome will 'time-out' on purchases and/or fail to respond to clicks occassionally.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.