Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dakidgo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 14, 2007
I saw a thread on this about a week ago but i cant find it now. There was a program but i cant remember the name of it. Help please anyone...

Cinematographer

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2005
far away
If you have purchased music through the iTunes WiFi store and want to transfer it back to iTunes: right-click on the iPhone in the source column of iTunes and click on "sync back".

If you have inadvertently deleted music in iTunes and want it to transfer back from the iPhone: it is possible, I've no idea how to do it, but I'm sure someone around here can help. :)

dakidgo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 14, 2007
thanks thats a start! does anyone know how to get the songs not purchased from itunes back on my pc?

orionpower

macrumors member
Oct 1, 2007
that is cool
does anyone know if I can transfer stuff like my picture and other stuff like that
because i had to reformat my PC and could not save my info before i reformatted and don't wanna loose it all.
id like to transfer my address book, notes, pictures, nes and stuff

isleofjib

macrumors regular
Jan 21, 2007
CT
that shouldn't be a problem. in the settings you can select to sync calendars, addresses and the like back to the computer. to transfer your pics, just open iphoto and it'll pull your photos off of it.

not sure about the music tho. if you've bought it thru itunes, and you activate your computer, it'll pull it off. but if you ripped it or d/l'ed it yourself, you'll have a harder time.

frank2926

macrumors newbie
Mar 10, 2009
If all of your stuff on your iphone is purchased ,,, in iTunes go to

Store and authorize the pc you are on.
after that go to File transfer purchases from iPhone

gstewart79

macrumors newbie
Dec 1, 2009
I am hoping someone can give me some advise on this.

I have about 80 applications on my iPhone, however, for some reason, on iTunes, it only lists 2 of these apps. As I have just transferred to this computer, I am not surprised that the apps aren't listed, just not sure why 2 of them are!

Anyway, to get to the crux of the problem, I have authorised this new computer and with the iPhone connect, selected the transfer pruchases option. This starts to work and in the status bar, indicates that it is copying each app in an alphabetical order, however, when it gets to the last one it just stops. When I look in the iTunes Applications folder, it is still just these 2 applications (the first 2 I ever bought if that makes any odds).

I have tried deleting 4 of the apps that the transfer purchases seems to bomb out at, however, this just makes it bomb out at whatever is last in the list alphabetically now.

Has anyone come across this? How did you resolve the issue?

Thanks,
Gary.

sillyfacez

macrumors newbie
Dec 4, 2009
Have you guys tried going into your itune on your desktop, clicking on "file" at the top and clicking on "transfer purchases from...."

FakePlasticTree

macrumors newbie
Feb 18, 2010
Toronto
I feel like a broken record cause I suggest this all the time, but SharePod is a great utility for copying music to/from a iPod/iPhone. Oh, and it's free.

http://www.getsharepod.com/

Is there a program like this for mac? I just got my first mac (macbook pro) and I'm trying to get my music off my iPhone to my itunes without having to manually transfer everything from my PC to my Mac.

Killerbob

macrumors 68000
Jan 25, 2008
Sorry. I was trying to use it for ringtones on an iPhone, and that didn't work. You're right, it works for music on iPhones:eek:

Killerbob

macrumors 68000
Jan 25, 2008
That's funny, it didn't for me. It didn't pick up the .m4r files I have on my iPhone. I'll fiddle around with the settings, and see if it is me.

cellusse

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2010
dude u rock

i had the same problem with my iphone and i took ur advice wich was sharepod.zip and guess what ???? its really worked even me i didnt believed it at first ,.... well very happy about.... that makes it really easy for me

ps : guys dont worry about " how to put the music back to the iphone/ipod " just copie it and let itune read it ,it will do it auto , then you can sync you device

ihope that can help some of u guys .....:cool: :cool: peace

Nieo702

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2010
Saved!!!

I feel like a broken record cause I suggest this all the time, but SharePod is a great utility for copying music to/from a iPod/iPhone. Oh, and it's free.

I hate short cuts on my computer, and didn't realize that by deleting iTunes, I deleted the WHOLE library, 1,586 songs to be exact. Yes, laugh, but I just want to say thank you so much, the website helped, it's only free for 100 songs, but the $25 fee is so worth it!! I have been afraid to sync my phone for months. So, to all you shortcut crazies out there like me, this software is a life saver.

ihatespammers

macrumors newbie
Dec 1, 2010
PS. I also wanted to say that I APPRECIATE people who make apps to HELP others without requiring them to PAY for it. The simple fact that many people are forced to pay for something they should already have the freedom to do with their device reflects poorly upon Apple.

adry

macrumors newbie
Jan 16, 2011
Thanks SharePod you saved all my music I accidentally deleted from my pc!! :)

Gaygymnast92

macrumors newbie
Jan 24, 2011
Houston, Tx
Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<3<3

OMG I LOVE you!! I have over 160 songs and I actually started to re download all of them, but thank god I google'd to see if there were any way to transfer and I came across this, so Thank you!! :apple:

gomontaygo

macrumors newbie
Mar 12, 2011
Easily move pics from iphones to pc!!!

HERE'S THE STRAIGHT DOPE!!!

When your iTunes keeps automatically starting after you plug in you iPhone, you have to turn iTunes off and then unplug and plug in you iPhone. iTunes should again automatically start and, if you didn't before, you should get the window that allows you to view your iPhone as an external harddrive to view what's stored on it...

If this fails, KEEP TRYING CUZ IT'S THE ONLY WAY AND SHOULD WORK!!!

AND YOU NEVER HAVE TO DOWNLOAD ANYTHING TO MAKE THIS WORK!!!!

ThOmAs W

macrumors newbie
Mar 15, 2011
Might Already Have Worked it out.... but

How can i transfer music from my iphone to my itunes on my pc??

When in Itunes and phone plugged in right click on Iphone icon and select "Transfer Purchases".This will move to a dedicated folder referring to purchases from IPhone and you can move from there into Library.

Hope this helps

ThOmAs W

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.