Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

johndango

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 27, 2010
Redmond, Wa
So I've never owned an iPhone or iPod touch. What apps/games you consider as "must haves" for the iPad? I'm looking to compile a list of them to try out.

vini-vidi-vici

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2010
There aren't any out yet. The best apps for the iPad are likely to be quite different than the best iPhone/touch apps. The iPad is better at different things, and will be used in different situations.

The app store has a fairly decent way of rating apps you might find interesting. A couple tips: Try googling "favorite iPad app" a couple months after release. Also, if you have any hobbies or interests, enter them in the app store search bar... and keep looking. Chances are someone is working on something.

All that said, I'm waiting for that giant game of Doodlejump.... doiiiing.... doiiiing.... doiiiing....

johndango

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 27, 2010
Redmond, Wa
Yeah I know there are no iPad apps but since iPhone apps run on it I was wondering if there were any must haves.

OzExige

macrumors 6502
Mar 9, 2008
Omnipresence
Yeah I know there are no iPad apps but since iPhone apps run on it I was wondering if there were any must haves.

Almost everything (note: I said 'almost') in the App Store that's great, will be greater on the iPad.

Start by checking out the thousands of FREE Apps rated 3.5 stars or better.
We can't provide you with a 'must-have' list unless you narrow it down........ A-LOT.

We are talking about thousands! - don't forget :apple:

Welcome aboard, you'll enjoy the ride. :)

P.S. I spend (at the most) $0.99¢ a week at The Store, but hey, that's me, I'm a big spender. :cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.