Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iGOOGLE

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 5, 2010
Indianapolis, IN
I've seen some videos in YouTube which are GTA IV on a mac like this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Jur02n-5Ik

I am wondering how they could install this game on a mac

because I've searched on amazon and eBay but could find any GTA IV for a mac, I found only for windows

If there is for a mac, where can I get one from Indianapolis, IN ?

If they run the game on windows by bootcamp, is the game available for all windows or only for Vista and XP because when I searched, I couldn't find for Windows 7. Maybe I have to install a Windows older than 7 like XP

I will appreciate you all

NGL

macrumors member
Feb 28, 2010
The description on that youtube video says that it's using Windows Vista via Bootcamp.

-Nick

Rodus

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2008
Midlands, UK
^^No, even if it runs it'll be bloody horrible. GTA IV is badly optimised for the PC and runs poorly on most native hardware, it'll be unplayable under virtualisation. Bootcamp or nothing.

Sambo110

macrumors 68000
Mar 12, 2007
Australia
Yeah, don't even waste your time on GTA IV. It's a terrible product for the PC. Works great on 360 or PS3, though.

Not really. I had it go down to about 5 FPS just because there was about 5-10 cop cars on screen, it was horrible, lasted for about 10 seconds. And it often drops frame rate, this is on consoles. But the game is awesome, and runs fine as long as there isn't a lot of cop cars around. But still not an amazing frame rate.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.