Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

phishindsn

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 24, 2009
OK I might be a little pre-emptive on this one but has anyone seen a wall mount for the iPad. I am getting one for our kitchen and love the idea of mounting it on the wall for cooking and keeping the counters clear. Of course something that would allow to be detachable to bring elsewhere would be cool also.

Maybe I should start designing something...

phishindsn

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 24, 2009
http://blogs.zdnet.com/mobile-gadgeteer/?p=2647

this could go in the actual accessories thread, though.

OK this is a concept with no production. I thought this could go in the accessorie area, but what I am looking for is similar to the modulR system...which it names implies its not an accessorie but a system. Ah marketing.

I thought to create an individual topic only because it was explicit to a particular need. The accessories area is getting filled with all sorts of cases and protection, not the topic I was choosing to create.

Spudracer

macrumors 6502
Oct 4, 2009
That's why I'm buying a dock. I figure you can stand it upright on the dock and slide it anywhere on the counter if you're trying to follow a recipe from the web. When you're done, just slide the dock out of the way and reconnect to power for charging.

dejo

Moderator emeritus
Sep 2, 2004
The Centennial State
BlobServlet

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/Command/home/us_en/products/hooks/

:D

Damitri

macrumors member
Jan 15, 2007
New York, NY
Yes I would also like a wall mount for my iPad. The only product or concept I have been able to find is the modulR. I am sure there will be more to choose from this summer.

Combined with an iPad-optimized Remote App a wall mount would be a very cool way to control my iTunes library and Airport Express speakers. :cool: And maybe maybe maybe OS4 will come with an updated lock screen (I am almost certain it won't though!) with weather widgets or similar. That way the iPad, when not used actively, would serve as a perfect control or info panel for our home. It would also keep the iPad out of reach from cats and two-year olds! :D

4DThinker

macrumors 68020
Mar 15, 2008
You need THIS. Magnets are included. ;) It may even run iPad apps. They demonstrate it running a slightly modified tank app.

greenlander

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2007
Greenlander, you should look at other posts in the thread before posting a link. :confused:

ugh. sorry. missed that. :eek:

in regards to the comments which are evidently in regards to modulR .. it isn't a concept with no production ... from what i've been told, they're hoping to have products shipping w/in 90 days of April 3rd.

Reser

macrumors 6502
Apr 14, 2010
something like this would be pretty sweet:

446753.jpg

It looks like the mount above your post could attach to this mount to make an Ipad mount. Says that mount attaches to any standerd flat panel wall mount and it looks like the screw holes would match up.

padmount-rev4-update.jpg

woodekm

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2008
I just use my dock in the corner of my kitchen, so I can see my allrecipes app. Really doesnt take up that much room and is movable.

Maybe mounting an iPad case or cover to the wall and sliding the iPad in and out of that. Hard case would prol be better though.

rterra

macrumors newbie
Apr 1, 2010
Here is my set up

something like this would be pretty sweet:

446753.jpg

I just used some wood and that small flat screen mount and in about an hour had this up. The mount is about $14 ant BestLink Netware.

I plan on using it in a dental lab for porcelain work.

Attachments

• P5110635.jpg
    P5110635.jpg
    476 KB · Views: 185
  • P5110637.jpg
    P5110637.jpg
    728.7 KB · Views: 176

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
May 25, 2008
I just used some wood and that small flat screen mount and in about an hour had this up. The mount is about $14 ant BestLink Netware.

Haha just get yourself a dedicated display for that instead. I mean come on.

eTip

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2009
Haha just get yourself a dedicated display for that instead. I mean come on.

?

....Perhaps you know more than then rest of us as to his particular needs but it seems a bit presumptuous to say that a dedicated display would be a better solution. I am assuming that if he went to all this trouble, he did so because he felt this was in fact a better solution for HIM.

Dr. Bombay

macrumors member
Jun 30, 2006
Victoria, BC Canada
i like the diy aspect to some of these mounts, but you guys should check out http://www.modulrcase.com - they have a new wallmount that's affordable and well-engineered. photos and prices were just announced.

I'm not sure they announced much. There's no pictures of the wallmount, just renderings of it. I'd be a tad skeptical, until they have some real pictures on their website.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005

This is a great solution as you can move the "display" (iPad) around in and out of your office and such when you're done with your patient. I like the idea.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.