Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

angkor iphone

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 22, 2008
My little baby dropped the phone yesterday and today the phone does not charge. I tried plugging it into different power cords in the house, into the USB port on my Mac. Nothing works.

When plugged into Mac, it gives this message 'This device is currently drawing too much power. The hub to which it is attached will be deactivated."

iTunes does not recognize the phone. When plugged into power socket, nothing comes up on screen.

I tried holding home button, not working. I tried holding both Home button and the 'On/Off button' on the top right, not working.

Any solutions, really appreciate it.

Phil A.

Moderator emeritus
Apr 2, 2006
Shropshire, UK
Wirelessly posted (iPod touch 32GB: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A312g Safari/528.16)

Sounds like the drop has critically damaged it, unfortunately.

angkor iphone

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 22, 2008
iPhone giving message 'This device is drawing too much power'

This phone was dropped many times before, so it's kinda weird it gave this message now. Anyone ever experienced this same issue? Guess if it's a hardware, nothing can be done...

Just wanted to make sure all possible solutions are exhausted before I throw the phone away.

vgarg

macrumors newbie
Mar 22, 2010
I have the same problem

Hey, I am having the same exact problem you had, were you ever able to figure out a solution to this? Any help would be appreciated.

stacymmmk

macrumors newbie
Oct 10, 2010
Don't throw your phone away!

I am having the same problem on my 3GS. I think the problem is with the cable, not with the phone or battery. Your case might be different because it started happening after it was dropped, and mine was out of nowhere. Did you try buying a new charger before getting rid of the phone? That has been my solution. I found the cable on Amazon for >$2.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.