Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ticman

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 24, 2009
CT
I have tried to search for this but to no avail.

I used to be able to move the apps around on MY PHONE under applications to different locations on the given screen or one of the other screens showing applications. Now all of a sudden I see the applications and the 4 screens but they are not "active" and I can no longer put apps in the order i'd like on the iphone.

I am hoping it's a simple explanation. I did a reboot but it didn't help.

thanks all.

chargit

macrumors 6502a
Jan 17, 2010
Evansville, In
just press on the screen on one of the apps until they all start shaking. the preinstalled apps will not have an X but the ones you installed from the Apple Store will have an X so you can delete them if you want. while they are shaking just hold one and move it wherever you want.

-aggie-

macrumors P6
Jun 19, 2009
Where bunnies are welcome.
just press on the screen on one of the apps until they all start shaking. the preinstalled apps will not have an X but the ones you installed from the Apple Store will have an X so you can delete them if you want. while they are shaking just hold one and move it wherever you want.

If you read his post carefully, you'll notice he is talking about in iTunes. It's inferred, I know, but I don't believe he's talking about such a simple fix. He seems to know what he's doing, and is saying that he can't move any icons in in the iTunes screen for apps. I'd answer him, but I've never run across the problem.

Perhaps reinstall iTunes?

chargit

macrumors 6502a
Jan 17, 2010
Evansville, In
I see and I believe you are correct!! but now that you mention it at one time I could move them as well but I tried a couple of weeks ago when I got my new phone and it would not work!

Richard A

macrumors member
Feb 18, 2010
Do you have more than 1 iTunes account? When I'm logged in under the iTunes account my iPhone is under I can move the apps in iTunes, when logged in under my other iTunes account this is grayed out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.