Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

str1f3

macrumors 68000
Aug 24, 2008
As of right now I think I'm going with the official Apple case and just throwing it in a bag.

Is the only stylus being developed or available right now the Pogo Sketch Stylus? I may buy it but would like something with a finer point.

MikhailT

macrumors 601
Original poster
Nov 12, 2007
As of right now I think I'm going with the official Apple case and just throwing it in a bag.

Is the only stylus being developed or available right now the Pogo Sketch Stylus? I may buy it but would like something with a finer point.

Steve doesn't like stylus, I doubt we'll ever see any stylus offered by Apple.

TraceyS/FL

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2007
North Central Florida
If you look at pictures of the 'wallet deluxe' which is the same thing as the clutch you can see that the pleats on the front of the case are meant to expand. So, I think you'd only be able to put keys etc in that pocket.

I LOVE the looks of the Happy Owl case and I can't wait to see real pictures of it. I'm pretty sure it is what I'll end up with.
I"m just not seeing an expansion joint on the front folder part. It would have to be there with the thing about throwing keys & lip gloss in there.... but it could totally change the look of the case and I want to see that first.

I ordered 1 Apple Case with my Daughters - figuring that we would either go with it, or just have something while exploring options!

I'm not sure you will get much of a finer tip. That can be controlled with the software and how much it is recognizing.

It really truly hasn't been an issue....

Attachments

• Picture 570.png
    Picture 570.png
    19.1 KB · Views: 1,130

TraceyS/FL

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2007
North Central Florida
It's advertised as a 'sleeve'. I think it would be safe to assume that except for thin flat items, one would be SOL.

I disagree.

The Clutch

Basically, it's perfect. Not only will it keep your iPad happy, but it will keep you organized too. Keep your essentials organized and still have room for your lipgloss, cellphone, keys and more. The Clutch holds everything the modern woman needs on the go.

What part of that is sleeve?

zea mays

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2007
I"m just not seeing an expansion joint on the front folder part. It would have to be there with the thing about throwing keys & lip gloss in there.... but it could totally change the look of the case and I want to see that first.

This is the picture of the wallet deluxe that I was talking about:
23436_304824398270_304806998270_343.jpg

It does look different than the clutch, so I'll have to see what the final result looks like. The new pictures of the clutch are different than ones that have been previously posted too.

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2009
Macally and iLuv INSTOCK!!!

It looks like some of the Macally iPad accessories are now available. Their status has changed from "Coming Soon" to "Buy Now".

http://www.macally.com/EN/Product/ipad.asp

I especially like their BookStand case http://www.macally.com/EN/Product/ArticleShow.asp?ArticleID=320. Standard shipping seems a bit high ($8), but i may give it a shot.

Also, a couple of the iLuv accessories are also showing up in stock on their site and Amazon.

http://www.i-luv.com/product_sales.asp?category_cd=t41&cat_lev=1&&keyword=

Amazon prices seem much lower than iLuv MSRP, but the descriptions also don't match the item (or atleast the one's i've seen) example below.

http://www.amazon.com/ILUV-iCC801-Silicone-Case-iPad/dp/B003BIHX5S/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1269589624&sr=1-2

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2009
How would they know if the iPad will fit exactly in those cases?

Well, assuming they didn't get their hands on a mold, fabrication, or an actual iPad...

The bookstand is a bit different in its design than some of the other folio cases I have seen for the iPad. As you can see in the picture it has 4 spots (on each corner) where the iPad I assume either snaps/held in. Then the only thing to account for is the curved back which can be done by using a back that has a little give (like suede). The other cases seem to be designed where you have to slide in the iPad into a sleeve which is attached to the folio. It seems like to me that would more likely require the actual device for an exact fit.

This is completely speculation on my part and I could be ordering a piece of crap, in that case I will return it. :eek:

Either way, I'm your guinea pig and will have pictures once it arrives and more once I get my iPad (if anyone is interested).

decson

macrumors regular
May 15, 2009
London, UK
Either way, I'm your guinea pig and will have pictures once it arrives and more once I get my iPad (if anyone is interested).

Yes please, in a way its just like the apple one however not branded, and looks leather too. I want a case like this for work, and its between this one, the happyowl wallet and another one I saw I liked..

Cheers

garry

tdream

macrumors 65816
Jan 15, 2009

The official Apple case is the best still. It's actually cheaper than a lot of items o this thread. It's mulitfunctional, it protects and also props up your iPad. You can stand it up or leave it slightly angled on a flat surface for typing. And it has the :apple: logo.

wingnut8

macrumors 65816
Jun 8, 2007
The official Apple case is the best still. It's actually cheaper than a lot of items o this thread. It's mulitfunctional, it protects and also props up your iPad. You can stand it up or leave it slightly angled on a flat surface for typing. And it has the :apple: logo.
how do you know its the best?

ImaVeggie

macrumors regular
Mar 16, 2010
Long Island

That would be much appreciated. I'm interested in whether it's real suede and the dimensions; I have a small vertical bag I'd like to use.

gwynne

macrumors 68000
Mar 11, 2010
Crikey, that MacAlly bookstand is ugly (no offense to anyone who has purchased). And expensive considering they don't even list the materials, or not that I can see; and more so with the unreasonable shipping charges. I think for that price point I'd far rather go with the official Apple case.

Still wishing futilely that the Quirky Cloak was available NOW.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.