Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sethrow

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 29, 2010
Hello,

Over the weekend I lost my iphone and so today I bought a new one, I've brought it home and plugged it in to my computer and have synced the iphone and got all my contacts back but how do I get my applications back? Can I just download them again or will it charge me again?

Many thanks, sorry if its a stupid question, couldn't find anything about it!

Darth.Titan

macrumors 68030
Oct 31, 2007
Austin, TX
You can re-download purchased apps through the iTunes Store without paying again.

I'm not sure I understand why the apps are not already in your library along with your contacts. Do your apps show in your iTunes library? Do you have the "sync applications" checkbox selected in iTunes for the new iPhone?

Sethrow

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 29, 2010
Dont know what is wrong with it but nothing in the applications! Oh well now I know I can download them for free its not too much trouble. Thanks guys

JennaLDS

macrumors 6502
Jul 23, 2009
Utah!
If you bought all of them (free or not) and you download them again, you should be able to get them for free, being that you already paid for them. Go to your recent purchases in the App Store on iTunes, and it should show all the apps that you have bought in a list. I had to do this before, because my computer crashed and had to be restored. If all else fails call 1-800-myiphone and talk to a rep. They should be able to get all your stuff back for ya. Hope this helps, good luck!:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.