Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Iphone User :D

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 29, 2010
I have a iphone 3G version 3.0.0, its jailbroken.

I've recently switched from virgin mobiles to vodafone, but my iphone says

SIM FAILURE​

then it goes to no service up the top left corner.

Is this the SIM cards problem or is it the iphones?

HELP PLZZZ

bman23

macrumors newbie
Mar 29, 2010
Hey I'm having the same problem with mine. It was showing zero bars earlier and then now it's saying no service.
To check if yoursims working fine, put it in another handset if you have one.
Also which Jailbreak software and ipsw file did you use?

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 29, 2010
Did you buy the phone from Apple or from a carrier?

I got it from virgin.

Hey I'm having the same problem with mine. It was showing zero bars earlier and then now it's saying no service.
To check if yoursims working fine, put it in another handset if you have one.
Also which Jailbreak software and ipsw file did you use?

Yeah the sims fine and i used redsnow so the version is 3.0.0

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
I got it from virgin.

Optus-provided phones (and I don't know whether that includes Virgin or not) are locked to the Optus network unless you specifically request an unlock. I'd say that you should contact Virgin and ask about unlocking the phone (it's worth getting an official unlock rather than a "hack").

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 29, 2010
Optus-provided phones (and I don't know whether that includes Virgin or not) are locked to the Optus network unless you specifically request an unlock. I'd say that you should contact Virgin and ask about unlocking the phone (it's worth getting an official unlock rather than a "hack").

The phone wasn't on my plan it was on my dad's plan so i used a cheap plan while he used one that came with an iphone and i used the iphone.

So is there any other solutions please?

luvu01

macrumors regular
Mar 7, 2010
Sorry for double posting but i really need help!!

your iphone currently jailbreak so go into cydia search for ultrasn0w to unlock the phone. since you said you are on 3.0 version. if it does not work i think you should go to http://blog.iphone-dev.org/post/376648600/pre-game-show. find where you live to download pwnage. restore + jailbraek it with version 3.0.1 or higher if you wish but not 3.1.3. anyway after you can jailbreak go find altrasn0w and unlock

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.