Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

redgaz26

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 6, 2007
Glasgow
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

Well here it is, the US launch. I've flicked through a few threads this morning and not sure if I want to be on MR today. Not that I don't like the ipad, not that I don't want the US crew to enjoy there new ipads!!!

I'm just so f****n jealous!!!!!!

page3

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2003
Outside the EU
Posting from the UK and enjoying the excitement of our US readers.

You might have iPad today, but we have the new Doctor Who series! :)

MythicFrost

macrumors 68040
Mar 11, 2009
Australia
I'm considering staying up until 11 PM my time, which should be 9 AM eastern time -- when the best buy opens.
The iPad app store should be accessible properly by then (hopefully sooner though).

I will be reading the forums, and checking iTunes constantly until then.

moony1234

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2009
Posting from England... Currently closely monitoring the progress of my iPad which is going to my uncles house in SC.

He is being bribed with English treats to get it posted to me today :D

gizboy2db

macrumors newbie
Feb 23, 2010
sure I will! mine is supposed to be delivered today...but I am overseas, now I gotta wait till USPS send it to me in Spain

sucks but its all i can do, happy thou coz i will be specially interested in the app reviews

congratulation to those lucky son of a gun who get it today! pls keep us posted

stridemat

Staff member
Apr 2, 2008
UK
I will still be around, but the forum spy is just full of posts in the iPad forum. This does make it quite hard to find posts on other topics.

macjock

macrumors regular
May 30, 2008
Yes I'll be Reading in the knowledge that for today only the US readers will wish they were in our time zone as they would have their ipads already. :D

decson

macrumors regular
May 15, 2009
London, UK
Happy for all *sigh*

but being serious, its fun, its like christmas, you guys and gals get to say what you think, honest reviews not media ones!

Mine is in Louisville hopefully being delivered to day, when I then have to arrange for it to be sent to me, so hopefully (as per sig) weds!

I really hope that the book store is available in iTunes (US store) as would love to buy some books to go with the apps, I now have, so on wednesday its sync n charge day :p

tdream

macrumors 65816
Jan 15, 2009
Building up excitement for my own little mini launch, in between the US and UK launches. Hopefully I will be receiving an iPad next week. :)

LaNex

macrumors 6502
Feb 13, 2010
Posting from the UK and enjoying the excitement of our US readers.

You might have iPad today, but we have the new Doctor Who series! :)

Damn right, looking forward to that --- and we got new Ashes to Ashes last night too. "Super duper."

I will reading here avidly and asking new iPad owners questions that don't seem to have been covered in the info out there so far.

Philgr

macrumors regular
Jul 27, 2005
Lakes - UK
Im in the UK and waiting for a friend to return from holiday in San Francisco next week, fingers crossed he will have a nice present for me :)

Cannot wait to get my hands on one

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
Yeah I will.

Wish we had some damned info please Apple. Bloody ridiculous.

A Macbook Pro

macrumors 6502
Aug 22, 2009
Yeah I will.

Wish we had some damned info please Apple. Bloody ridiculous.

Damn right. Aussies FTW!

I'll be watching Manchester United vs Chelsea and 15 mins after the match the iPad launches so I guess I could stay up a little longer. We get 1 hours extra sleep tonight anyway thanks to daylight savings going back to normal.

apesta

macrumors member
Apr 2, 2010
im from vancouver! well i couldve went down to the states to buy it! ill be waiting for reviews and i can make a final decision if its a good buy or not.

bluefitz

macrumors newbie
Mar 7, 2010
My auntie is picking my iPad up in VA today and flying out tonight to deliver !!!! - I am from the UK!

She is visiting for Easter and it just so happened to be the same weekend as iPad launch!

ukyo229

Jan 27, 2010
Being a month late is much better than getting it first. Much less of the software/hardware issues. Same deal with Japanese products, month or more later = better.

Elise

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2007
London
Oh yeah most definitely, I won't be going anywhere! I'll be living vicariously through our US forumers - I want to know every detail! :D

stridemat

Staff member
Apr 2, 2008
UK
My auntie is picking my iPad up in VA today and flying out tonight to deliver !!!! - I am from the UK!

She is visiting for Easter and it just so happened to be the same weekend as iPad launch!

Talk about convenient and lucky ;)

NiuFengLe

macrumors member
Mar 28, 2009
Damn straight I am watching...

Watching to see what everyone's reaction is after getting theirs. I would much rather hear the common person's experience than the media.

Watching from China by the way. Can't wait til they get released in Hong Kong so I can go get one.

JonnyIreland

macrumors 6502a
Mar 10, 2010
Toronto, Canada
Well, first of all congratulations to all the US&A'ers getting their iPads today..... it has been a long wait for everyone.
I'm in the UK though, and I am INSANELY jealous of you guys. However, if Apple UK don't pull their finger out of their asses within the next week, I WON'T be buying an iPad out of pure stubborness (and a little bit of anger) -they don't deserve my money right now.

Phil A.

Moderator emeritus
Apr 2, 2006
Shropshire, UK
Damn right. Aussies FTW!

I'll be watching Manchester United vs Chelsea and 15 mins after the match the iPad launches so I guess I could stay up a little longer. We get 1 hours extra sleep tonight anyway thanks to daylight savings going back to normal.

As a Chelsea fan, that's what kept me awake last night -it's easily our biggest game of the season and I'm seriously excited and nervous at the same time! Unfortunately, I didn't manage to get tickets for it so I'll have to watch it on TV instead :(
Back on the subject of iPads - I'll be closely watching the forum to see what the iPad is really like and hoping for some more news on UK pricing. I've got £500 with Apple's name on it and hoping it will be enough for a 32GB Wifi iPad when they are finally released over here.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.