Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MattWylde

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 17, 2009
So at the keynote, Apple said that the iPad will work with "almost all". Aside from the phone and camera apps (and GPS apps for now), has anyone found any other apps that are not compatible with the iPad?

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
They work, it's just most of the non-native apps looks like s*** when expanded to full screen, but that's about it.

betaboy78

macrumors regular
Oct 5, 2006
Emoji apps don't seem to work. I tried iemoji and another one I can't remember. Maybe I'm missing something?

mac jones

macrumors 68040
Apr 6, 2006
I have an app called 'Art' that will not open.

Not sure if im doing something wrong or not.

omgitscro

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2008
Apps that require specific hardware will not work. For instance, one mobile TV app pairs with a special case by Mophie which has an antenna.

boss1

macrumors 6502a
Jan 8, 2007
What about the Sling player?

Sling player works. The video quality at x2 however is like watching a really badly encoded youtube video. From what I'v read Sling is working on optimizing the player for iPad.

boss1

macrumors 6502a
Jan 8, 2007
Navigon seems to work, though I haven't taken the iPad anywhere to -really- test it.

Did it work for you? When I started mine it was stuck on the "Simulation Only" screen and was just sitting there waiting for a 3G signal.

cmaier

Suspended
Jul 25, 2007
California
Did it work for you? When I started mine it was stuck on the "Simulation Only" screen and was just sitting there waiting for a 3G signal.

Your iPad doesn't have GPS, so you'll be waiting a long time. (wi-fi triangulation isn't going to cut it for a navigation app).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.