Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sounds Good

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 8, 2007
I'm looking for a lightweight iPad sleeve, case or bag that comes with an attached strap that's long enough to either go over the shoulder or around the neck.

It would be AWESOME if one side of the sleeve/bag/case was "open" so the iPad could be used without having to take it out... but I know that's a big request. :)

Does anything close to this exist? Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks!

GregGebhardt

macrumors 6502
Feb 5, 2010
I'm looking for a lightweight iPad sleeve, case or bag that comes with an attached strap that's long enough to either go over the shoulder or around the neck.

It would be AWESOME if one side of the sleeve/bag/case was "open" so the iPad could be used without having to take it out... but I know that's a big request. :)

Does anything close to this exist? Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks!

Go to http://www.sfbags.com

No doubt the rest my sleeve fits my iPad perfectly!

You can order with a strap or not. These are ultra high quality!

Just checked and their site is down but they will be back shortly.

3N16MA

macrumors 65816
Jul 23, 2009
Space
Do not get a bag with a strap. You don't want to be walking around with a man purse.

Sounds Good

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 8, 2007
Do not get a bag with a strap. You don't want to be walking around with a man purse.
Actually, it's for my mom. :) She's disabled, in a wheelchair, and would like to be able to have the iPad with her without having to hold it the entire time (either in the house or away from it).

3N16MA

macrumors 65816
Jul 23, 2009
Space
Actually, it's for my mom. :) She's disabled, in a wheelchair, and would like to be able to have the iPad with her without having to hold it the entire time (either in the house or away from it).

Well that changes everything. Man purse just becomes a regular purse for a woman. Nothing wrong with that.

Sounds Good

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 8, 2007
Well that changes everything. Man purse just becomes a regular purse for a woman. Nothing wrong with that.

Right. But she wants something lightweight and preferably something the same size as the iPad. In other words, not a typical regular purse. ;)

A sleeve with straps would be great. A sleeve with one side open so the iPad could still be used would be perfection.

Hmac

macrumors 68020
May 30, 2007
Midwest USA
Skooba has a nice neoprene sleeve with an external pocket and a strap- - good buy for $15. I have one, although still waiting on the iPad itself.

31SsADFH5aL._AA300_.jpg
31K1800mi7L._AA300_.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.