Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mbell75

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 30, 2007
When I get the USB adapter, I will love uploading pics I am shooting on location but dont really want to keep them all on there. Anyway to delete them when I am done with them?

HXGuy

macrumors 68000
Mar 25, 2010
So if I upload 200 photos to my iPad from my camera and decide I dont want 190 of them, how do I get them off my iPad using itunes?

Its really stupid and Apple really messed up here...I don't know what they were thinking. I ran into the same problem.

Basically, you have to go into your Photos application on the COMPUTER, make a new folder with just the pictures you want, and then resync to the iPad.

Genius, huh?

I uploaded a couple hundred photos as well but wanted to delete 3 of them and couldn't! Stupidest thing ever. I mean...what if you want to upload an album to go show your family, and on the way there, you see a couple photos that you don't want to show to them...what do you do? Turn around and go back home to resync?

mbell75

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 30, 2007
I was talking more about when that camera connection kit is out. If I am shooting pics and upload them to my iPad to look at them, how do I get them off my iPad when I dont want them on there anymore?

alex2792

macrumors 65816
Jun 13, 2009
Yeah it's retarded, how can you overlook something so obvious? I hope Apple releases 3.21 soon to address this annoyance.

ImperialX

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
I was talking more about when that camera connection kit is out. If I am shooting pics and upload them to my iPad to look at them, how do I get them off my iPad when I dont want them on there anymore?

No one knows what the USB syncing interface will look like yet since it's not released. We'll know when it comes.

unkn0wnsoldier

macrumors regular
Jul 4, 2009
Fountain, Co
To delete photos, go into your photo app and click the little email button with the arrow in the top right corner. Then you can select the pictures and delete them. I just did this myself less than one minute ago.

Edit: Sorry, I see this only works with photos saved on the iPad itself. Not synced photos from iTunes.

Pravda

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2008
Philly
I have no yet picked up an iPad, and might grab the 3G model when it comes out. But the lack of this option (deleting pics), really bugs me.

What is the logic behind this move?

r0k

macrumors 68040
Mar 3, 2008
Detroit
I just deleted a photo from my camera roll by tapping the trash can while viewing the photo.

T4R06

macrumors 65816
Oct 8, 2007
CT
There is a WAY!

relax relax relax.... here is the way

go to photos right. then you will see the album. instead of album choose photos.

so now you are seeing bunch of photos. now click the arrow on the upper right side. after that the "DELETE" function will appear!

you can now delete photos you want.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Why does anyone think you won't be able to delete them? I can see not being able to delete pics you synced to the iPad. Pics uploaded to it will be treated just like pics saved on it. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

T4R06

macrumors 65816
Oct 8, 2007
CT
Its really stupid and Apple really messed up here...I don't know what they were thinking. I ran into the same problem.

Basically, you have to go into your Photos application on the COMPUTER, make a new folder with just the pictures you want, and then resync to the iPad.

Genius, huh?

I uploaded a couple hundred photos as well but wanted to delete 3 of them and couldn't! Stupidest thing ever. I mean...what if you want to upload an album to go show your family, and on the way there, you see a couple photos that you don't want to show to them...what do you do? Turn around and go back home to resync?

https://forums.macrumors.com/posts/9630488/

master-ceo

macrumors 65816
Sep 7, 2007
The SUN
Why does anyone think you won't be able to delete them? I can see not being able to delete pics you synced to the iPad. Pics uploaded to it will be treated just like pics saved on it. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Not being able to delete synced pictures is unacceptable

T4R06

macrumors 65816
Oct 8, 2007
CT

Genius, huh?

Not being able to delete synced pictures is unacceptable

can you pls check my post?

r0k

macrumors 68040
Mar 3, 2008
Detroit
Ok, for the link impaired here it is...

In the photos app pick albums. Choose any album. Now you see email copy and delete at the top left. Tap delete. Nothing happens, don't panic. Now start clicking photos and the delete count starts to increment. I didn't try it myself but I'm sure you could tap delete again and the tagged photos would be gone. The down side to this is you have to repeat for every album. No big deal for me because I've only got one album called saved photos.

master-ceo

macrumors 65816
Sep 7, 2007
The SUN
Posted from my iPad

can you pls check my post?

Yes thanks, I read your post.

I synced 10 regular jpeg pictures to iPad with iTunes.
Did as you said and the only options I see is email and copy.

Photos I downloaded via safari can be deleted no problem

Not trolling, but just trying to figure out the logic in this.

bluehaze013

macrumors 6502
Nov 23, 2007
relax relax relax.... here is the way

go to photos right. then you will see the album. instead of album choose photos.

so now you are seeing bunch of photos. now click the arrow on the upper right side. after that the "DELETE" function will appear!

you can now delete photos you want.

It doesn't work with synced photos, the delete button does show up but you can mash on it as many times as you want and nothing happens...it will only delete pics you saved on the device from Internet or wherever. Synced pics can't be deleted.

advan031

macrumors 6502
Aug 16, 2008
It's the same deal with synced pics on the iPhone so what's the suprise? It would be a nice feature but it doesn't bother me that much. I'm still waiting for the 3g though:)

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

master-ceo said:
It's the same deal with synced pics on the iPhone so what's the suprise?

That's not true buddy. You can.

iPad pic delete fail.

Please enlighten us. I see no way to delete synced photos from my iPhone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.