Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sneik

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 25, 2010
My apple TV wont find some of the videos available on youtube.
I tested it by typing exactly the same search in both apple tv and computer, and it will not find some of them. Does anybody know why?

Bye Bye Baby

macrumors 65816
Sep 15, 2004
i(am in the)cloud
Good question. But it's even worse. I find that in my subscriptions certasin videos don't show up. Some take a whil to be made available, other just never show up.

I am wondering if it is a problem of being rendered in HTML5? Some videos are coded for Flash while others remain in HTML5.

Could be a reason.

mstrze

macrumors 68000
Nov 6, 2009
As I understand it...uploaders can disallow certain platforms (such as mobile or ATV for example). You CAN see it on a computer, but not the other methods of YouTube transmission.

themanfromvlad

macrumors 6502
Mar 11, 2006
Montreal
Any video that's been flagged for copyrighted content, but that is still on YouTube thanks to revenue sharing deals, won't show up in searches on Mobile devices or Apple TV. That's because these devices can't display the Ads keeping them up online. Videos containing music from Universal is a good example of this.

hardkoreprawn

macrumors newbie
Mar 31, 2010
It does, but, the AppleTV also seems to be less able to cache as well as a 'real' computer, which sometimes affects playback when the wireless signal is poor.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.