Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Learjet035

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 24, 2005
S. Floriduh
It may be that it's late and my brain isn't working but,
How the heck do you delete an event from the calendar from the iPad?
:confused:

Learjet035

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 24, 2005
S. Floriduh
For some reason that specific cal only says "details" not edit, while the other calendars do say "edit"

Not sure why that is.

I have a work cal, birthday cal, home stuff cal, etc.

All say edit except that one. Weird

Learjet035

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 24, 2005
S. Floriduh
Looks like any events that have other attendees can't be deleted I guess.
That's the only thing I can see different from the rest.

mclewis7

macrumors newbie
Dec 30, 2010
Deleting calendar posts in iPad

Looks like any events that have other attendees can't be deleted I guess.
That's the only thing I can see different from the rest.

I am having the same problem and noticed I cant delete calendar posts when other attendees are invited. I even received a cancelled meeting request from the meeting host and the meeting has been cancelled and I still cant delete it from my calendar. HELP!!!!:confused:

t.old.codger

macrumors newbie
Jan 11, 2011
Thank you guys

I'm not only new to the iPad, I'm new to the world of Mac as well. All my experience is based on PC systems.

Having sent the calendar invite from my works laptop (Dell) I was beginning to think there was some incompatibility problem with the .ics file I'd sent.

Like Learjet035 I could only find the "Details" button.

My iPad is so new the only other calendar entry I have on at the moment is one I entered manually, that has the "Edit" button.

I think this proves the "Invitee" theory. So.......How do you delete it?

Or in my case how do I delete the contents of one field. For some unknown reason the company's email disclaimer has been put onto the "Notes" field. The only option I have is to copy it!!!

t.old.codger

macrumors newbie
Jan 11, 2011
My Solution

I finally figured out how to do this. I edited the "Notes" field on my PC, then deleted the unwanted events and finally synced it with the iPad using the overwrite option in iTunes.

Not exactly pretty, but it worked for me. If you guys are using Mac laptops, or desktops, Perhaps you can do something similar.

Fabreps

macrumors newbie
Sep 5, 2013
Delete event from iPad calendar

When you hit the "edit" button, you must scroll down to see the delete button. It isn't immediately available unless you scroll down.

lelisa13p

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2009
Atlanta, GA USA
There is absolutely no point in resurrecting a 2½-year dead thread to post info which is already contained in posts which were current at the time.

Read the last date before you post.

MaybeJustMe

macrumors newbie
Jan 6, 2014
San Juan,PR.
Delete:Events/Calender/iPad

:)
When you hit the "edit" button, you must scroll down to see the delete button. It isn't immediately available unless you scroll down.

Scrolled down and...POOF! There it is! DELETE!
Thanks for quick n'easy advice.Glad to know it wasn't just Me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.