Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shakeman0

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 20, 2009
I put on my screen protector and some dust managed to get on it!!!!!!:mad: Is there any way to get it off the under side of the screen protector? Do you think it will scratch the ipads screen?

Thanks

antiprotest

macrumors 68040
Apr 19, 2010
I put on my screen protector and some dust managed to get on it!!!!!!:mad: Is there any way to get it off the under side of the screen protector? Do you think it will scratch the ipads screen?

Thanks

Remove the screen protector and enjoy.

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
Remove the screen protector and enjoy.

maybe the OP bought an anti glare protector. I don't "enjoy" fingerprints myself.

OP, try to gently peel the corner up, and keep peeling until you reach the spot with the dust. take a small piece of Scotch tape and just barely touch the sticky side to the dust spot. with any luck you will pick up the dust. careful not to touch the actual screen protector with your finger.

ZZ Bottom

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2010
What type is it? Static or adhesive?

I had several pieces of dust/debris under my Static screen protector. I carefully pulled back from different angles and used a piece of scotch tape to pick up the pieces. Because the screen protector is staticy, the debris didn't sit on the glass, which means I did not have use the tape on the glass. After removing several pieces, I resmoothed out the screen protector and it is completely unnoticeable on the screen now. Forget the people that say you don't need one. Sure the glass is very durable, but everything has a breaking point and accidents happen.

If your screen protector uses adhesive like the Zagg ones, this advice obviously won't happen. disclaimer: this advice is not guaranteed to work, avoid touching the tape to the glass, but rather just try to touch the backside of the screen protector while you pull it back carefully.

EDIT: mcdj beat me to it. Takes a bit longer to type out long messages on the iPad :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.