Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hypomnema

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 16, 2009
New York, NY
I just started syncing my iphone to my imac instead of my laptop. Now every time I plug in my iphone to the imac, it takes a long time to sync. It seems itunes is slowly copying over 300 songs to the iphone each time. I have nearly 2000 tracks syncing to the phone. For some reason, it looks like the same 300+ tracks are being copied every time I plug in, as if they were new tracks.

Has anyone else experienced this? Syncing usually takes a minute or two.

-aggie-

macrumors P6
Jun 19, 2009
Where bunnies are welcome.
I have the same problem, but only the same 14 do it. Since it's only 14, I've never bothered to figure it out. I think it has to do with play counts changing (answer I think I saw awhile ago), but in my case I haven't played those tracks in forever.

jbro1999

macrumors regular
Nov 24, 2009
I just started syncing my iphone to my imac instead of my laptop. Now every time I plug in my iphone to the imac, it takes a long time to sync. It seems itunes is slowly copying over 300 songs to the iphone each time. I have nearly 2000 tracks syncing to the phone. For some reason, it looks like the same 300+ tracks are being copied every time I plug in, as if they were new tracks.

Has anyone else experienced this? Syncing usually takes a minute or two.

I have the same problem. It says all the songs on the ipod but more than half wont play. I gave up on trying to make it work.

hypomnema

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 16, 2009
New York, NY
I have the same problem, but only the same 14 do it. Since it's only 14, I've never bothered to figure it out. I think it has to do with play counts changing (answer I think I saw awhile ago), but in my case I haven't played those tracks in forever.

Yeah, 14 I could live with -- 300 takes forever, though. It can't be the play count, though, because I know I haven't listened to some of these songs. Also, when I was syncing to my macbook air I never saw anything like this and my usage pattern really hasn't changed.

jbro1999

macrumors regular
Nov 24, 2009
That's not the same problem, actually.

Sorry, its not EXACTLY the same problem. It takes a long time and copies the same music over everytime. I thought that was the issue. I don't know why it says all the songs on my ipod but wont play them.

hypomnema

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 16, 2009
New York, NY
or not

I just downloaded the latest build from apple's site and i'm still having the same problem. did it work for anyone else?

edit: nevermind. the first sync seemed to be behaving the same way; second sync was fast. problem solved.

jbro1999

macrumors regular
Nov 24, 2009
Not same problem, but OP figured it out. Don't slam those who try an help.

I didn't slam anyone, I though I had the same problem that I guess was a little different.

I restored my whole iPhone yesterday. Backuped up everything, installed 3.1.3 and 9.1 and it worked for me...

edit - just saw your edit. Nice.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.