Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shingi70

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 14, 2010
I keep updating genius but it still doesn't work for any of my daft punk but it recognizes the lesser known band justice. I mean it works for nearly all my hip-hop and most of my rock.

I only have two imixes so far

Indie Rock- Phoenix,cobra starship, death cab for cutie, the dead weather, Lady Hawke ETC.

Hip-Hip mix- Kid Cudi,Kayne west, wale, etc.

But genius mixes and playlist don't work for certain artist.

Uffie
Daft Punk
The Crystal Method
Matiyashu
broken bells- the CD is an itunes LP

TEG

macrumors 604
Jan 21, 2002
Langley, Washington
I have the same problem with it recognizing "The Beatles" or "Garth Brooks" songs. I believe that the Genius only works for artists/songs available in the iTunes Store. TEG

shingi70

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 14, 2010
I have the same problem with it recognizing "The Beatles" or "Garth Brooks" songs. I believe that the Genius only works for artists/songs available in the iTunes Store. TEG

The only problem is the music i listed was from the itunes store.

oneortwo

macrumors newbie
May 3, 2010
I'm not sure if this is the same issue you are having, but I've noticed that songs I download directly on my iPhone 3GS then transfer into iTunes on my pc at the next sync don't seem to ever get into the Genius mix, even after multiple attempts to "update Genius", even turning Genius off and back on.

The strange thing is that I can create a Genius playlist on the song through iTunes on my pc, I can create a Genius list based on the song (after syncing) on my iPod Nano, but still could not create a Genius list for that song on my iPhone. For an experiment, I deleted the song everywhere (iPhone, iPod, and iTunes), then purchased it again through iTunes on my pc (wasting $0.99, but oh well), synced it to my iPhone, and voila, now Genius for that song works everywhere. Makes me not want to buy anything directly on my iPhone, at least until they fix the glitch.

jaw04005

macrumors 601
Aug 19, 2003
AR
You need to make sure your music is tagged properly if it’s not purchased from the iTunes Store. In fact, on some songs I had to manually edit them to match the iTunes equivalent exactly.

A similar problem occurs with album artwork.

By the way, The Beatles and Garth Brooks work fine for me.

Attachments

• Help.jpg
    Help.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 229
  • Garth.jpg
    Garth.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 155

shingi70

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 14, 2010
You need to make sure your music is tagged properly if it’s not purchased from the iTunes Store. In fact, on some songs I had to manually edit them to match the iTunes equivalent exactly.

A similar problem occurs with album artwork.

By the way, The Beatles and Garth Brooks work fine for me.

I see your point but i bought the music from the itunes store.

calsci

macrumors 6502
Nov 27, 2008
The software is good but it is still in a state where it could be approved.

Brinkman

macrumors 6502
Jul 26, 2010
I bought Broken Bells album from iTunes and it says it can't find genius information. Even after updating my Genius info.

Lukas Prime

macrumors newbie
Dec 17, 2008
Broken Bells Broken

Has anyone actually gotten Broken Bells to work with Genius? Come on, there's a ton of related songs in my library. I bought Broken Bells from iTunes - with iTunes LP no less. I've tried turning Genius off and on again, re-importing the songs. They've just received a Grammy nomination! Come on, Apple!

reubs

macrumors 68000
Jun 22, 2006
I haven't tried Broken Bells, but I know that "Tighten Up" by the Black Keys doesn't work, even though it's the most popular iTunes track from that album.

Genius is okay when it works, but it's frustrating when it doesn't.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.