Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hathornb

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 1, 2010
Problem #1: When I open iTunes, my ATV tries to write over everything that it already has on it. For example: lets say that I have 200 TV shows on the ATV. I open iTunes, it recognizes the ATV and its current loading of 200 shows, then tries to rewrite the same 200 shows on top of it. This led me to restore to factory settings my ATV because the normal reset didn't do anything...which then caused...

Problem #2: My iTunes now sees two seperate ATV's even though I only own one. Ever since the restore to default factory specs, it sees two of them. Now, I have an additional issue...

Problem #3: Now my ATV will not save the shows that it says that it sync'd. For example, now if there are 200 shows supposedly sync'd, only about 50 will show up for use on my ATV unless my iTunes is open.

Not sure what to do but any and all help will be greatly appreciated. Is it iTunes or is it my ATV. If it is any help, I don't think that I had these issues before the newest iTunes update.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.