Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

flyingturtle

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 7, 2010
I got a weird problem on my iPad with the iTunes app.

Every time I try to launch iTunes on my iPad (by clicking the purple iTunes icon), it will open, showing a grey blank iTunes window with a "loading' message, then immediately close and instead opens the Appstore app instead, going to a user review page of some app. Best I can tell it's a review page for "Angry Birds". No images, no product description, just a page showing user reviews.

I tried rebooting (home + power button) relaunched the iTunes app, but same thing happens.

Anyone else having problems launching iTunes on the iPad?

I've had the iPad (3G) since Friday but this is the first time I decided to launch iTunes on the iPad. iTunes on my Mac computer, of course works fine. And the AppStore app on the iPad works fine too.

flyingturtle

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 7, 2010
Go into settings. iTunes store. Sign out. Try again.
Thanks for the reply unfortunately I still get the same problem. I signed out via the settings and resigned in and launched iTunes and still the same closing iTunes and opening of the Appstore instead. I also tried launching iTunes while not being signed in and still the same behavior.

flyingturtle

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 7, 2010
Solved.

I tried clicking on the icons on the bottom of the iTunes window before it closed and it managed to load up another page in iTunes, rather than closing and launching the AppStore. Phew!

I had to do this fast (I clicked on the "TV Shows" icon) before iTunes closed, but this seems to have broken the iTunes -> AppStore loop problem.

I still have no idea why the iTunes store kept launching the AppStore "Angry Birds" review page. I can only guess I had accidentally hit some review button in the Angry Birds app that forced iTunes to send me to the review page, and this setting was not forgotten.

Anyway, iTunes launches correctly now.

So if anyone else gets this problem, quickly tap one of the icon button on the bottom iTunes windows before it closes, in order to avoid launching AppStore.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.