Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dreamwave6

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 16, 2010
I'm looking for a sleeve type case for my iPad (like the Incase ones that Apple sells in their stores) but with carry handles. Ideally, I'd like a sleeve case that fits the iPad when it is installed in the Apple Case. It does fit this way in the Incase sleeve this way but the Incase sleeve does not have any carry handles.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Andrew

peterdevries

macrumors 68040
Feb 22, 2008
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Hard Graft is working on one (there is a picture of a nice one on the website). They currently already have two cases that are the sleeve type which have some kind of carrying function.

They are not exactly cheap, but great quality, great design and durability. I have a MBP and iPhone sleeve and after two years of heavy usage I could sell both as new.

http://shop.hardgraft.com/

Vistan

macrumors newbie
May 6, 2010
Dreamwave 6:

I just joined the macrumors.com forums in order to answer your question (I've been lurking for quite awhile...).

I purchased a CaseLogic netbook case at Office Depot that almost perfectly holds an iPad in the Apple case. This case has fold-down padded handles, and also has an external zippered pocket to hold the charger block and cable and other items. My case is black with a silver-gray trim and red interior. The barcode on the case package is 085854 170970 - cost was $16 plus tax! Hope this helps...

Vistan

Mezzo43

macrumors member
May 1, 2010
I have the Apple case and just bought the black Timbuk2 Quickie XS from Zappos.com for $39.95 (no tax and free standard shipping). The Quickie case has two pockets in front, handles that can be tucked away, and has a red bubble interior for protection. It fits the Apple case (there is extra room all around the case). I really like the Timbuk2 case!!! Note: There are two handles but no shoulder strap for the XS Quickie case.

When you click on the below link, then go to the video description that shows under product information:
http://www.zappos.com/timbuk2-quickie-extra-small-black

dreamwave6

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 16, 2010

ben12345

macrumors newbie
May 4, 2010

Attachments

• Case 1.jpg
    Case 1.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 164
  • Case 2.jpg
    Case 2.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 179

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia

Attachments

• 81_imageL.netbook_1-large.jpg
    81_imageL.netbook_1-large.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 147
  • 78_image.Red-strap.jpg
    78_image.Red-strap.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 171
  • 78_imageL.black-large.jpg
    78_imageL.black-large.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 132

ksoze

macrumors regular
Oct 25, 2009
The M-Edge Touring Sleeve has a pull-out handle that allows it be carried like a case. I have a review in thread:

pad1s1nrmodel02med.jpg

dagomike

macrumors 65816
Jun 22, 2007
I was going to suggest the Pixel Skin too. It's a little goofy looking. Kind of looks like a hotpad. Not sure if it will fit with the Apple case though. it's a tight case.

danterner

macrumors member
Jul 13, 2008
Dreamwave 6:

I just joined the macrumors.com forums in order to answer your question (I've been lurking for quite awhile...).

I purchased a CaseLogic netbook case at Office Depot that almost perfectly holds an iPad in the Apple case. This case has fold-down padded handles, and also has an external zippered pocket to hold the charger block and cable and other items. My case is black with a silver-gray trim and red interior. The barcode on the case package is 085854 170970 - cost was $16 plus tax! Hope this helps...

Vistan

I know the one you are describing. I was at Office Depot last week and nearly picked it up (and probably will, still). It is exactly what the OP is looking for, I think.

dreamwave6

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 16, 2010
I just got the Waterfield Designs Exo Ultimate Sleevecase w/Piggyback case in. It fits my iPad (when in the Apple case) perfectly. I am really happy with it.

Andrew

poloace

macrumors newbie
May 13, 2010
check out the targus crave. love it. 3 pockets in there to carry shiz around - lined with some fleecy stuff so you can drop it in there and it'll protect it - and, has handles - too busy looking at radiology studies to snag a pic, but, i'll try to throw one up later.

peas.

p

roland.g

macrumors 604
Apr 11, 2005
Dreamwave 6:

Vistan

The Inicpio Tek-Nical http://www.myincipio.com/product/IPAD_CASE_IPAD-141
It's a little harder then the Incase neoprene but it's actually very nice. If you want me to take some pics for you just ask :)

The M-Edge Touring Sleeve has a pull-out handle that allows it be carried like a case. I have a review in thread:

pad1s1nrmodel02med.jpg

I know the one you are describing. I was at Office Depot last week and nearly picked it up (and probably will, still). It is exactly what the OP is looking for, I think.

On the Case Logic from Office Depot. Any idea which one from their website it is. They have a 10 and 12" netbook sleeve?

On the Incipio and M-Edge cases, any idea if they really fit with the Apple Case already on. Don't want to take it out of that.

friedmud

macrumors 65816
Jul 11, 2008
I have the Speck mentioned above and like it quite a bit: http://www.speckproducts.com/products/pixelshield/ipad/224

I don't typically like permanent covers on my Apple products... so it was important to me to get something I could slip on and off. The screen side is hard enough that I don't worry about breaking it... and the whole thing is really light.

I love the fact that I can slip it in my backpack and pull it in and out by the handle... very useful on a plane where your backpack is by your feet!

All-in-all I would recommend it. Only downside might be that you look like a douche if you walk around holding it by the handle ;-)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.