Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BoozeRob

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 6, 2009
Seattle
Hi,

I went and reset all settings on my jailbroken 3.1.2 3Gs and the phone has been stuck on the apple logo for a couple hours. Is this normal? How long does it take to reset?

Thanks.

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
Using the reset buttons usually results in the phone locking up and always requires a restore since you have erased the OS.

Try to get it into recovery mode so you can restore it. Hopefully you have 3.1.2 SHSH saved or you will have to go to 3.1.3

BoozeRob

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 6, 2009
Seattle
Yep. You already edited your hosts files to redirect to cydias server right?

So I got my phone into recovery mode and the screen is black, I added the host from sauriks website and when I go to install iPhone2,1_3.1.2_7D11_Restore using shift and restore, it tells me that my device is not eligible for the requested build.... am I screwed? I know I added my shsh to the server the first time I logged into cydia....

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
So I got my phone into recovery mode and the screen is black, I added the host from sauriks website and when I go to install iPhone2,1_3.1.2_7D11_Restore using shift and restore, it tells me that my device is not eligible for the requested build.... am I screwed? I know I added my shsh to the server the first time I logged into cydia....

How long ago?
Did you click make my life easier thru cydia before February 2 when 3.1.3 came out?
Did you edit your hosts file correct?
Try it again: http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=7557
If it still gives you that message and you did the above steps correct then you dont have SHSH's for 3.1.2

BoozeRob

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 6, 2009
Seattle
How long ago?
Did you click make my life easier thru cydia before February 2 when 3.1.3 came out?
Did you edit your hosts file correct?
Try it again: http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=7557
If it still gives you that message and you did the above steps correct then you dont have SHSH's for 3.1.2

That might be my problem... I'm pretty sure I did the jailbreak and logged my SHSH after 3.1.3 came out. Crap.

Well at least I can jailbreak 3.1.3, just no hope for unlocking.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
A reset all settings doesn’t erase the OS.

That is correct.
I think the OP probably meant "Eare All Content and Settings"
That does render the OS un-bootable and in need of a restore.

That might be my problem... I'm pretty sure I did the jailbreak and logged my SHSH after 3.1.3 came out. Crap.

Well at least I can jailbreak 3.1.3, just no hope for unlocking.

Yep, if you can hold off a month or 2 a new unlock will be released with 4.0

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.