Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cherry su

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2008
You mean something like this?

dell_xps.jpg

not mine btw.

Melrose

Suspended
Dec 12, 2007
Mine is a Dell Inspiron 1000

2248.jpg

512MB of Ram, like a 1.4Ghz processor, 14". I use it solely to play Age of Empires. If I could justify the expense I'd get a 17 incher, since I'd have more perspective on manoeuvring my troops, but meh...

This little treasure does me quite alright for the time being. :) It's not like I play all the time anyway.

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
May 25, 2008
The only gaming laptop/s out there are by Alienware. Still a Mac and a gaming console would be a better choice.

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
May 25, 2008
Now Alienware have been snapped up by Dell it's a different story.

Oh probably. Dell has horrible outsourced "support" so does HP. When I used to be on PC, every call would take hours with so much frustration and clueless "support" people..

waloshin

macrumors 68040
Oct 9, 2008
Dude the OP wants you to post your gaming laptop, not advertise it...
Oh well this thread will be neglected within a week so it doesn't matter anymore. No offence OP.

I'm not the only one look up the thread. "cherry su"

Rob587

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 4, 2004
Orlando, FL
Oh probably. Dell has horrible outsourced "support" so does HP. When I used to be on PC, every call would take hours with so much frustration and clueless "support" people..

Psshh.. Apple's support isn't any better! I purchased my Macbook Pro about 1.5 years ago, and now my SuperDrive has failed and Apple wants $240 to replace it. Apparently, it's a really common occurrence.

And why did I pay double the price of a PC again?

rezenclowd3

macrumors 65816
Psshh.. Apple's support isn't any better! I purchased my Macbook Pro about 1.5 years ago, and now my SuperDrive has failed and Apple wants $240 to replace it. Apparently, it's a really common occurrence.

And why did I pay double the price of a PC again?

Do you have Applecare? If not then that is fair, or buy one yourself and fix it. It's not hard. To make it even easier, use iFixits screw printout and put double sided tape on it to place the screws on.

RaceTripper

macrumors 68030
May 29, 2007
You mean something like this?

dell_xps.jpg

not mine btw.
I had one of those and it was a complete POS. I bought it as a mobile development workstation and it was nothing but fail. In 15 months it had as many catastrophic failure of parts: logic boards, graphics chips, fans, LCD displays. You name it, it failed. Finally, I gave up on it an bought a MBP. After I got the Mac, Dell finally admitted the XPS was a problem and gave me a new Precision M90. I can play Half Life 2 on that for about 15 minutes before it overhears and shuts itself off. I just use it for accessing corporate Exchange mail. That doesn't over-burden it too much. :rolleyes:

rezenclowd3

macrumors 65816
Haha. Those things were failures. Great on paper supposedly....

I just can't stand a laptop that is over 1" thick when closed. The MBP really IMO in all flavors are great machines. I believe the TiBook was the sexiest, and when I was into computer gaming I could play one of the Medal of Honor games on it with some GFX turned up! Hehe.

cleanup

macrumors 68030
Jun 26, 2005
Toronto
Alienware doesn't make the only gaming laptops. Just goes to show how little people actually care about these sorts of goods. All the PC makers make high-end desktop-replacement laptops that have powerful processors (i5's and i7's) with extremely powerful GPUs (some of them even have two in SLI or Crossfire).

Google is your friend.

waloshin

macrumors 68040
Oct 9, 2008
Alienware doesn't make the only gaming laptops. Just goes to show how little people actually care about these sorts of goods. All the PC makers make high-end desktop-replacement laptops that have powerful processors (i5's and i7's) with extremely powerful GPUs (some of them even have two in SLI or Crossfire).

Google is your friend.

Exactly thats why I suggested Sager.

Rob587

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 4, 2004
Orlando, FL
Good stuff guys!

I think im actually gonna go with something a little bit cheaper for now. Check it... Ive also got a $50 off coupon and free shipping.

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    191.6 KB · Views: 158
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.