Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pellets007

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
New York
Hey there folks. After I figured the Rock App as the source of my everyday lag, I decided to restore my phone (3.1.3, Spirit, no unlock) back to 3.1.3 via iTunes. I did not put it in Recovery Mode when I first attempted a restore. This resulted in an error. I then put my iPhone into Recovery Mode and tried a restore.

Seemingly, this worked up until I reached 2/3 of the white bar (on the iPhone) and a nearly complete bar on iTunes. After 45 minutes of this, I interrupted the restore by force quitting iTunes. I then turned off the phone, restarted my computer, and attempted another restore via DFU mode and downloading the iPhone firmware manually. I also tried another connector cable as mine was slightly frayed.

Still this does not work and I was looking for any insight. I can answer any other questions, should one inquire.

EDIT: Hang on, I'm thinking that it is because I had WiFi Sync installed on my computer. I just ran the uninstallation package and I am hoping that clears everything up.

EDIT 2: After preparing for restore, I got error 1611. I am currently following Apple's steps to fix it.

EDIT 3: As I noted before, I uninstalled WiFi Sync on my computer and then reset the SMC. After that it only took about three minutes to restore. I'll leave this here in case anyone else is having this problem. :)

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-05-24 at 8.15.44 PM.png
    Screen shot 2010-05-24 at 8.15.44 PM.png
    6.2 KB · Views: 2,817

CFreeP0

macrumors newbie
Jun 4, 2010
Bricked Iphones

Hi,

I had a problem with 2 iphones fsiling to restore and spent 2 days trying to fix it. Your post regarding Wi-Fi sync worked a treat!!!! Thanks a million!!!!!!

ChipH588

macrumors newbie
Jan 12, 2009
Hey there folks. After I figured the Rock App as the source of my everyday lag, I decided to restore my phone (3.1.3, Spirit, no unlock) back to 3.1.3 via iTunes. I did not put it in Recovery Mode when I first attempted a restore. This resulted in an error. I then put my iPhone into Recovery Mode and tried a restore.

Seemingly, this worked up until I reached 2/3 of the white bar (on the iPhone) and a nearly complete bar on iTunes. After 45 minutes of this, I interrupted the restore by force quitting iTunes. I then turned off the phone, restarted my computer, and attempted another restore via DFU mode and downloading the iPhone firmware manually. I also tried another connector cable as mine was slightly frayed.

Still this does not work and I was looking for any insight. I can answer any other questions, should one inquire.

EDIT: Hang on, I'm thinking that it is because I had WiFi Sync installed on my computer. I just ran the uninstallation package and I am hoping that clears everything up.

EDIT 2: After preparing for restore, I got error 1611. I am currently following Apple's steps to fix it.

EDIT 3: As I noted before, I uninstalled WiFi Sync on my computer and then reset the SMC. After that it only took about three minutes to restore. I'll leave this here in case anyone else is having this problem. :)

THANK YOU!

mgmusicman94

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2008

I LOVE YOU!!!

PsstGreek

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2010
Tampa Bay
I uninstalled WiFi Sync (I'm pretty sure) but I'm still seeing the iPhone icon for it on my menu board. How would I totally know that this app is gone?

*edit* had to download the uninstaller from the wi-fi sync site.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.