Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kickrz

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 20, 2010
I had to restore it since I was having issues. The phone was updated to 3.1.3and now sn0wbreeze says it cannot be jailbroken. If my boot rom has been updated is there anything I can do to get it unlocked?

kickrz

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 20, 2010
Ok thanks. I didn't expect you to know a time, it just sounded kinda ominous;)
I thought a read some where that there was a carrier unlock. I don't care so much about features at this point I just need my phone. We are on Bell in Canada.

ETA: Not sure if it makes a difference but the version 3.1.2 and the Baseband is 05.12.01

kickrz

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 20, 2010
Thanks. I thought something could be done if the bootloader version was 5 something and lower, if it was 6 something it won't work. Is this not true? Not sure why the baseband changed when the version didn't.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Thanks. I thought something could be done if the bootloader version was 5 something and lower, if it was 6 something it won't work. Is this not true? Not sure why the baseband changed when the version didn't.

Only if you have an early iphone 3G model with bootloader 5.08
If its JB you can install fuzzyband from cydia and give it a try.
Chances are slim but worth a shot.

kickrz

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 20, 2010
Nope, sorry.

Since I am not all to sharp when it comes to these things maybe you can just clarify something for me. The bootloader upgrade is the kiss of death? Since the version is still 3.1.2 and the BB is 05.12.01 it only kinda upgraded. I feel really horrible because it is my husbands work phone and I am trying to help. Also would you know about Carrier unlocks? We are with Bell and I think the phone is locked with Rogers.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Since I am not all to sharp when it comes to these things maybe you can just clarify something for me. The bootloader upgrade is the kiss of death? Since the version is still 3.1.2 and the BB is 05.12.01 it only kinda upgraded. I feel really horrible because it is my husbands work phone and I am trying to help. Also would you know about Carrier unlocks? We are with Bell and I think the phone is locked with Rogers.

Yep, thats pretty much the kiss of death :D
Once the BB is update to 05.12.01 it cannot be downgraded to an unlockable baseband even though the firmware version is 3.1.2.
Im not sure how Canadian carriers work but I dont think they provide carrier unlocks. You can always give them a call and check though.
Good luck to you and your husband.

kickrz

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 20, 2010
With the release of the Iphone 4 will that help me in any way? My poor hubby is having iphone jealousy ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.