Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iPhone3Gusr

macrumors member
May 22, 2010
Idaho
The only way that you could recover these are if they have been backed up through iTunes recently. If so you would need to restore from backup. If not unfortunately they are gone.

macswitcha2

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 18, 2008
The only way that you could recover these are if they have been backed up through iTunes recently. If so you would need to restore from backup. If not unfortunately they are gone.

no, I just deleted them and have not backed up mu iPhone. Oh well.

Is there a way that i can find out what number text me? I was text by a friend who was not in my contacts. I want to find the number so I can text them back.

iPhone3Gusr

macrumors member
May 22, 2010
Idaho
no, I just deleted them and have not backed up mu iPhone. Oh well.

Is there a way that i can find out what number text me? I was text by a friend who was not in my contacts. I want to find the number so I can text them back.

unfortunately not through Messages. If you made a phone call to this person before you can check your Recents under Phone. Other than that unfortunately there is not a way to pull up previous numbers through Messages. Sorry to be giving you all bad news :(

macswitcha2

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 18, 2008
If you use at&t and their online account, you can look there. It lists all of the numbers and indiv text messages.

Ok, it seems like my account has not updated the recent cycle, does this take long? My billing cycle began two days ago.

iPhone3Gusr

macrumors member
May 22, 2010
Idaho
If you use at&t and their online account, you can look there. It lists all of the numbers and indiv text messages.

are you kidding me? it has this information there? i wish i knew about this months ago lol. well thanks for the info. i didnt know AT&T had this information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.