Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

richardmu

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 10, 2007
Bristol, UK
What is the problem with all the people that slagged off the Apple case. A dust magnet, rubbish!

I think for the price for price which is £30 in the UK is good value for an excellent case. Highly recommended.

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
What is the problem with all the people that slagged off the Apple case. A dust magnet, rubbish!

I think for the price for price which is £30 in the UK is good value for an excellent case. Highly recommended.

+1 fantasic case!

richardmu

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 10, 2007
Bristol, UK
I've got a Vaja on my Touch. Love it, but for the iPad it's far too expensive.

Lots of other cases out there but for the money the Apple case takes some beating!!

fruitbat04

macrumors member
Jul 8, 2008
It's a really good fit but mines getting a bit marked already and doesn't close as flush as at the beginning after 1 day!

I'm not that bothered as I've never been one for everything looking pristine but I can see why people criticise is.

Kobra

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2009
I'd like to get one, just to know what everyone is talking about :) Any hints of a UK online store where I could get one shipped to sweden?

DoggyByte

macrumors newbie
May 24, 2010
The Apple Case sucks because it leaves color on the back of the iPad... That's why I'm going with a Belkin Grip vue and a Knit Sleeve. Perfect combination!

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
The Apple Case sucks because it leaves color on the back of the iPad... That's why I'm going with a Belkin Grip vue and a Knit Sleeve. Perfect combination!

Mine has been in the case since day 1 (except for cleaning the iPad and case) and the back is pristine.

niuniu

macrumors 68020
I've got a Vaja on my Touch. Love it, but for the iPad it's far too expensive.

Lots of other cases out there but for the money the Apple case takes some beating!!

I think it's a beautiful looking case, typical of Apple to produce a premium finish.

But wait and see how it performs - I watched a vid of a guy who had one and after seating the iPad in the case in the upright position (with the case bent) - the case deforms slightly and doesn't rest tight when it's back in it's closed position.

If that's not clear it'll become apparent after a little use..

That's the one thing that I'd be concerned about

iserian

macrumors 6502
Apr 30, 2010
Palo Alto Apple Store
As someone who has been using one since 4/3 i agree with the op. i have tried many cases and have yet to find anything that combines the form factor, protection and usability of the apple case. i like it so much i am ditching my grip vue's, sleves and other combinations in favor of more apple cases.

Attachments

• IPADCASE-20100528-1445.jpg
    IPADCASE-20100528-1445.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 114

antiprotest

macrumors 68040
Apr 19, 2010
Take a look at the holes for the speaker area and you'll start to understand. Between misaligned holes and the seam that runs through it, nearly all of the speaker is covered.

Maybe yours is defective. Mine doesn't cover the speakers. There is room between the speakers and the inner edge of the case. The sound is fine.

vertigo235

macrumors 6502
Jun 6, 2009
Actually. I kind of like how the case covers the speaker. It seems to direct the sound towards me instead of out the side. Also if you are holding the ipad the edge helps keep your palm from covering the speaker.

sracer

macrumors G4
Apr 9, 2010
where hip is spoken
Actually. I kind of like how the case covers the speaker. It seems to direct the sound towards me instead of out the side. Also if you are holding the ipad the edge helps keep your palm from covering the speaker.
Yeah, because the case covering the speaker is sooo much better than having your hand do it. :rolleyes:

Only in the bizarro world of Apple fandom is Ill-fitting a feature. ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.