Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nippyjun

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 26, 2007
On the Maroo.com main page it says that it's their 1st birthday and all products are 50% off today only. Use the code marooturns1.

Enjoy!

Last edited:

der-kaiser

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2010
Brisbane
Yup great deal. I was gonner wait until DODOcase revels their new cases for the new iPad before deciding what to get but half price for a case the quality of Maroo with $5 international shipping was too hard to pass off.

oliboli

macrumors member
Aug 20, 2007
Killer deal, thank you for posting. Any idea when the version for the new iPad will ship? Currently between Moko and the new SwitchEasy Canvas for a case to commute [subway, NYC] with. Really like the features of this - the bumpers, hand strap, leather, etc. Not crazy about the bulk or branding, but for the protection and price it seems like a no-brainer.

Now all that's left is a screen protector, maybe a snap-in case for use with my Smart Cover... :)

ejisfun

macrumors regular
Jan 7, 2011
Oooo thanks! I was debating between this and a smart cover and eventually bought a smart cover, but now I got one of these too.

BFW122083

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2009
Atl
You rock! I was looking at these yesterday and really liked them. Just ordered one, half off sealed the deal!

Tilpots

macrumors 601
Apr 19, 2006
Carolina Beach, NC
What a great deal! I love my Maroo iPad 2 case, the Maunga II, and will buy another when it's time to upgrade my device down the road. I've reccomended them to friends and family and not one has been disappointed.

nippyjun

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 26, 2007
I was going to order a maroo case on amazon as it was 12% off there. I wanted to check out the other patterns on the Maroo site and saw the 50% off deal.

I could wait to share it here!

volntitan

macrumors 6502
May 4, 2005
I assume the difference btwn the model names is the color only. I was going to get the Moto because liked black better than "red", but the high end Kumara (sp) in brown is nice, but too pricey.

chilady1

macrumors regular
Dec 29, 2011
Northeast
Not listening - I refuse to buy another iPad case although this looks like a great deal. Ugh - still not listening, LOL!

mis204

macrumors member
Jul 7, 2010
I can't attest to the quality, but the service rocks! 3 hours after I ordered, its shipped!

Mine shipped as well, but when I called them before ordering they said they wouldn't ship until Friday. I'm wondering if the shipment was initiated but will be held until Friday. Either way, it's a good deal!

d.lam311

macrumors newbie
Mar 10, 2012
I ordered mine three hours ago and it just shipped!

Same here. Does anyone know how long it takes to get to Australia? Their site says 8-10 days but they're shipping it with USPS First Class International which usually take 3-4 weeks doesn't it?

Frankmagnet

macrumors newbie
Mar 8, 2012
Ireland
Wont let me purchase :(

It keeps saying "Your payment could not be processed.
PAYMENT NOT AUTHORIZED
Payment has not been authorized by the user."

My paypal account is verified, Really wanted one of those cases.

Any idea why it is saying this?

BFW122083

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2009
Atl
Wont let me purchase :(

It keeps saying "Your payment could not be processed.
PAYMENT NOT AUTHORIZED
Payment has not been authorized by the user."

My paypal account is verified, Really wanted one of those cases.

Any idea why it is saying this?

Try your credit/debit card without PayPal?

BESLC

macrumors regular
Apr 20, 2010
Even though I had already ordered a couple of cases from other manufactures, I popped for a Moko case. At just over 20.00 with discount it was a deal I could not pass up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.