Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bibbz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 23, 2010
I, like many people, want a white iPhone 4. Now honestly, i don't care for the white front, although it is growing on me, so i just wanted a white back. As we all know, the only white iPhone that exists right now has a white back with black front, so i don't feel like i halfassed this at all.

When reading through the "Just Got My White Glass Backplate For My iPhone 4" thread, i kept hoping for some HQ pics, bc I like a good review of this type of product before i drop $102 on it. Anyways, i bit the bullet and ordered it. It came in the condition i expected (near oem). There are some slight differences, but nothing major.

Now i took >100 HQ pics before, during, after, and some macros of the camera lens/diffuser to post for anyone else thinking if making this transition. That way we have some great pics for these people to look at before going into this blindly.

If you are wondering why I started a new thread for this, well its pretty simple. I wanted my pics to be easily accessible for people looking for them. Burying them on the 23'rd page of the "Just Got My White Glass Backplate For My iPhone 4" thread wouldn't really justify my time taking, resizing, and posting all these pics.

Wow, waaaaaay too much rambling, anyways, here's the pics...

So we all know what a black iPhone 4 looks like, ill just post a few in case anyone is confused, haha...
DSCF1977.jpg

DSCF1984.jpg

DSCF1986.jpg

DSCF1988.jpg

Now for the Pics of the iResQ plate, comparison between it and OEM, removal and installation...

DSCF1989.jpg

DSCF1990.jpg

DSCF1991.jpg

DSCF1992.jpg

DSCF1995.jpg

DSCF1999.jpg

DSCF2017.jpg

DSCF2012.jpg

DSCF2016.jpg

DSCF2021.jpg

DSCF2023.jpg

DSCF2026.jpg

DSCF2027.jpg

DSCF2028.jpg

DSCF2031.jpg

bibbz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 23, 2010
Now, some macro close ups...
DSCF2088.jpg

DSCF2085.jpg

DSCF2090.jpg

DSCF2091.jpg

DSCF2098.jpg

DSCF2103.jpg

DSCF2105.jpg

DSCF2106.jpg

DSCF2108.jpg

And the lens/diffuser
DSCF2045.jpg

DSCF2048.jpg

DSCF2042.jpg

DSCF2043.jpg

DSCF2036.jpg

DSCF2037.jpg

Pez555

macrumors 68020
Apr 18, 2010
awesome pics, really appreciate this.

really making me want the white lol.

danielveeee

macrumors regular
Apr 21, 2010
Do the screws or back panel have any activators or anything to show apple you've removed the backplate? I would like to buy the white and just switch it back if something goes wrong with my iPhone, and apple just fix it..thanks

SanFranKyle

macrumors regular
Oct 8, 2010
Do the screws or back panel have any activators or anything to show apple you've removed the backplate? I would like to buy the white and just switch it back if something goes wrong with my iPhone, and apple just fix it..thanks

nope

the only real indicators are water indicators. there is one water dot on a screw that holds the motherboard in place (center of phone) and another one on a lower portion of the motherboard (not on a screw). (the one on top of the screw you can lift off with a small flat head screwdriver and place it back when you're done anyway

I think there's also another water dot up near the microphone jack.

Pez555

macrumors 68020
Apr 18, 2010
thats the only thing i would be worried about when switching, whether it ruins the screws or not, are they tightly fitted or do they come out relatively easily?

danielveeee

macrumors regular
Apr 21, 2010
thanks a lot, just to clarify, iresq at this point is the best option?
and i know the flash makes the back light up, but does it actually effect the photos?

MST

macrumors 6502
Dec 3, 2007
Surrey, UK
^ Nice, adjusted the size of the PC version you posted and am now using it on my iMac, looks awesome!

doboy

macrumors 68040
Jul 6, 2007
Now, I'm little jealous :D This is a complete kit with the diffusers already attached?

yankintx

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2010
Something looks different to me. The very edge of the white back has a "lip" that I don't believe is on the black iphone back. Is it just the way I see it, or are they actually different? Is this glass just like the stock black one? It looks like plastic, but that may be just the picture.

xraytech

macrumors 68030
Mar 24, 2010
Something looks different to me. The very edge of the white back has a "lip" that I don't believe is on the black iphone back. Is it just the way I see it, or are they actually different? Is this glass just like the stock black one? It looks like plastic, but that may be just the picture.

Nope that's how it is. It's less evident on the black but if you look closely you'll see the same lip on the black back plate. The glass is actually clear, it's the back surface that is painted black or white. They use glass on both the black and white.

peteisanidiot

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2010
Really, you're one of the very few. Almost everyone gets flash washout with the diffuser.
my problematic white diffuser did look a bit different than my apple black diffuser. maybe this part has begun to be fabricated better so there is less scatter right in front of the lens.

bigbro1096

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2010
Hey to the OP can you post an updated review with more pics please? Thank you because I'm getting the backplate for my iPhone in December and would like to see how it ages

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.