Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

soco

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Dec 14, 2009
Yardley, PA
Just spoke to a buddy at the TMobile in mid-town Manhattan. Zero 6+ for walk-ins and only 80 total of 4.7" ones.

Anyone else get "inside" info on their carrier stores?

justinf77

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2003
I went to 2 T-Mobile stores yesterday and both reps told me that they would not be getting ANY of the Plus models in stock for launch. They also didn't have any cases on sale for the Plus, with plenty of cases available for the 4.7" 6.

Last edited:

akhilleus

macrumors member
Aug 8, 2014
Damn. Seeing a lot of threads pop up like this in the past couple hours saying that carrier stores ain't gettin jack. Not that it's unexpected, but holy smokes are they low. Looks like the Plus is going to be difficult to get ahold of. Can't help but think it's going to be the "winner" come launch as it's going to be the more sought-after have the most longevity.

StewToMyLou

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2014
I just called my local Verizon Store. I live in a town of about 22k. He said that they did get a few 6 pluses but wouldn't tell me how many. I ask him what time I should get there and he said the earliest anyone has ever lined up at their store is 6am. I will be making my way down there around 5am. Pumped!

Utchelsea06

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2014
FLW, MO
I just got out of my local att corporate store. Asked specifically about their 6 plus inventory, and they said they have some. I asked if some was like 5 maybe, and she said no, they will have more than 5...lol. She then followed up with people will probably start lining up in a few hours... Ugh. Guess it's gonna be a long night for me.

steemax

macrumors regular
Dec 21, 2009
SoCal
Yeah it really is not looking to promising for those who were hoping to camp out for a plus model.

Apollonian

macrumors 6502a
May 10, 2010
Anyone getting word on carrier stores' stock?

My local corporate ATT has a rather decent supply of 6 and 6 Plus cases, with many more cases for the 6 than the 6+. The cases for the Plus included Zagg HDX, Zagg Glass, and Pelican cases. As far as phones, they had no idea what they were getting, the store rep said they are expecting them near the end of the day tonight but have not been given information on quantities!

----------

Also just received an email from Sam's Club that they will be carrying them on launch day but I would expect very small quantities and contact your store before chancing it!

TimothyB

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2008
Bay Area
This is ridiculous this day and age to not know or reveal their stock. It was forgivable when there was one iphone and one color. You knew they would have some and you'd get there early if you want one and at the storage you want. But now that you have 3 colors and 2 shapes, you could waste hours to find out there's non of the color your want or even one plus model. A ton of people had to leave an ATT corp line on the 5s launch when just before opening they said they only had space grey.

Apollonian

macrumors 6502a
May 10, 2010
This is ridiculous this day and age to not know or reveal their stock. It was forgivable when there was one iphone and one color. You knew they would have some and you'd get there early if you want one and at the storage you want. But now that you have 3 colors and 2 shapes, you could waste hours to find out there's non of the color your want or even one plus model. A ton of people had to leave an ATT corp line on the 5s launch when just before opening they said they only had space grey.

I agree, with the carrier, model, storage, and color variations this information should be readily available and you shouldn't be forced into buying the wrong storage or color just to get the phone!

rwkleinjr

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2010
Local AT&T Store says they won't get shipments in until late tonight, but the rep said they're getting all variations of 6 & 6+ units.

soco

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Dec 14, 2009
Yardley, PA
I agree, with the carrier, model, storage, and color variations this information should be readily available and you shouldn't be forced into buying the wrong storage or color just to get the phone!

I think the word "forced" is taking it too far. You can just wait.

wickedwahine11

macrumors 6502
Nov 2, 2013
Just left an ATT store - this one in a mall where you cannot enter to line up until 5am tomorrow. They said a manager is going to monitor the line to let us know inventory so we know if it is pointless to be in line. He said stock comes in tonight so they don't know yet what they will have.

EcuadorianMami

macrumors regular
Oct 11, 2011
Somehwere in Los Angeles
I called a few at&t stores...i'm in SOCAL....most have said they have not received the phones yet....what is the different between a at&T store and a att authorized dealer store?? Which will get more? Does it even matter?!? I'm getting this negative feeling i will not be able to get an iphone 6plus in gold 64

bdb23

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2014
I called a few at&t stores...i'm in SOCAL....most have said they have not received the phones yet....what is the different between a at&T store and a att authorized dealer store?? Which will get more? Does it even matter?!? I'm getting this negative feeling i will not be able to get an iphone 6plus in gold 64

authorized dealers will be 3rd party. not a good place to go.

ryank808

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2008
Just called my local AT&T in Kapolei, Hawaii. Told the employee about the reports of little to no iPhone 6 Plus in stock at many locations, and she said she didn't know how they would know that since most locations don't get their shipments till tomorrow morning.

Also asked when people usually start lining up and she said there were already about 5 people in line as of 10:25am Thursday.

anthonyfellows

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2012
authorized dealers will be 3rd party. not a good place to go.

Authorized dealers are places like Radio Shack, Best Buy, ect.

I've never bought one at any of those places, but Best Buy was the only place a family member of mine was able to find a iPhone 5 in our area the weekend of the launch.

GBR

macrumors 6502
Mar 19, 2012
I'm also curious who is higher on the priority list for shipments from Apple, the carrier stores or stores like Best Buy, Walmart, Target etc...

mikethebigo

macrumors 68020
May 25, 2009
Just called my local AT&T in Kapolei, Hawaii. Told the employee about the reports of little to no iPhone 6 Plus in stock at many locations, and she said she didn't know how they would know that since most locations don't get their shipments till tomorrow morning.

Also asked when people usually start lining up and she said there were already about 5 people in line as of 10:25am Thursday.

Ala Moana Apple Store usually gets a very large volume of phones. It's tricky though, because the mall security doesn't let you line up in front of the store until like 6 AM and people run in from all angles.

Royal Hawaiian could always be a decent bet but should be flooded with tourists.

I think the Apple Stores are the way to go if you're on Oahu... there's only 3 stores for the whole island and they're serving the Japanese tourist crowd, so I think they get pretty significant volumes.

ryank808

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2008
Ala Moana Apple Store usually gets a very large volume of phones. It's tricky though, because the mall security doesn't let you line up in front of the store until like 6 AM and people run in from all angles.

Royal Hawaiian could always be a decent bet but should be flooded with tourists.

I think the Apple Stores are the way to go if you're on Oahu... there's only 3 stores for the whole island and they're serving the Japanese tourist crowd, so I think they get pretty significant volumes.

What time would you suggest getting to Ala Moana? My plan was going to AT&T Kapolei at like 4am since it's right where I live, but that might change now with reports of little 6 Plus and already a line.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.