Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shaduu

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 31, 2007
Southsea
Right, everyone who's experiencing the bouncing icon syndrome of PwnageTool 2.0 post your system specs here so we can start identifying a common theme/bug.

1GHz PPC TiBook
512MB
10.4.11 with latest Security Update installed

Also, can you check that Pwnage is flatlining in Activity Monitor? Launch PwnageTool while keeping an eye on its process in Activity Monitor. I've found that its CPU usage rockets at launch before returning to 0.00% usage while the icon continues to bounce.

Eddyisgreat

macrumors 601
Oct 24, 2007
lol love the thread title.

Works great on my penryn macbook pro.

perhaps this is not a universal binary.

im sure the dev team is outfitted with latest gen mac pro's and mbp's

Shaduu

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 31, 2007
Southsea
lol love the thread title.

Works great on my penryn macbook pro.

perhaps this is not a universal binary.

im sure the dev team is outfitted with latest gen mac pro's and mbp's

It's a Universal app; I checked as soon as I realised it wasn't going to launch.

I have a feeling it's just a general bug that'll be fixed it a 2.0.1 update.

NeoMayhem

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2003
Works fine on my 933mhz G4. Although it was really slow without USB 2.0 when I installed the image on the phone.

aaronmeredith

macrumors newbie
Jul 19, 2008
No solution, but I am having the same issue, It seems like many people are as well. I am on a Macbook Pro 10.5.4

aaronmeredith

macrumors newbie
Jul 19, 2008
Everyone that I have seen has had issues with the Pwnage tool on a Macbook or Macbook Pro. What is everyones system specs?

adamsimms

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2005
Same thing for me. It's becoming really frustrating.

MBP 10.5.4

Here are some log issues I was able to extract.

19/07/08 8:35:43 PM PwnageTool[97573] Unable to load nib file: MainMenu, exiting
19/07/08 8:35:43 PM com.apple.launchd[107] ([0x0-0x352352].com.devteam.pwnagetool[97573]) Exited with exit code: 1

aaronmeredith

macrumors newbie
Jul 19, 2008
Certain MB and MBP are having this issue it seems. No other Macs running into problems.
Unless someone technica minded can come up with an answer to why it wont load (and I have tired creating new users, restarting, repairing permissions etc) looks like is MB and MBP owners are going to have to wait :confused:

Shaduu

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 31, 2007
Southsea
Ok, exact same system specs as what I am running.
I have set up a new User account and tried to run it on there, and no dice either!

Looking like its a hardware thing???

That's what I tried and got the same results.

I don't see how this is hardware as there's such a mix of systems displaying this issue. I mean, I'm running PPC hardware and most of the others in this thread are on Intel.

I have a feeling it's a bug in the software or Pwnage is clashing with something we're all running.

tonyberinson

macrumors regular
Jul 19, 2008
I have the same problem - and the same machine.

Do we have a contact for the dev team - to send stuff like that log - that adamsims found?

Cheers

Tony

aaronmeredith

macrumors newbie
Jul 19, 2008
does anyone have a contact for the Dev team?

I agree that is must be something we are all running for it not to load up. Such a mix of different hardware and system software doesn't add up.

boardopboy

macrumors member
Jul 19, 2008
Worked for me.

I'm running:

1st Gen Macbook Pro
Core Duo (NOT Core 2 Duo) 2.16 gHz
1 measly gig of ram (been meaning to upgrade that!)

Started right up after about 7 or 8 bounces (I just fired it up again, and counted 3 bounces before the app opened).

I did notice PwngeTool 2.0 lagged the machine up pretty hard on initial launch, but after that it ran smooth.

That's my experience.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.