Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cattywampus_

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 19, 2006
We have 3 Macs in ouroffice. One running Leopard 10.5.6, one running Tiger 10.4.11 and one running 10.3.9.

I search the Tiger machine a lot over the network. I open the drive connected to the Tiger Mac and search in Finder. 10.5.6 has completely nuked it though.

It won't search from the root. If I go into a folder and search that individual folder it will find files, in that folder. But it doesn't even make an attempt to search when searching from the root.

Searching the Panther machine from Leopard works fine, and searching the Tiger machine from the Panther machine works fine - but I am damned if I can get the Leopard machine to search the Tiger machine.

I have added the drives on the Tiger machine to spotlight exlude and removed them so Spotlight reindexes, no different. Repaired all the drive persmissions etc.

Please, anyone any ideas? This has only happened since I installed 10.5.6 this morning.

Tried logging on as a different user as well on Leopard.
Thanks

number1superguy

macrumors newbie
Dec 17, 2008
me too

I've just done the same: My Leopard 10.5.6 wont (file) talk to my Tiger 10.4.11. Is this just a couple of people? I cant believe they would not have tested that scenario!
I've just done a software update for the Tiger box, and its downloaded a 'Security 2008 - 0008' update...

Ahah, I can not see the files using the 'as Columns' view (CMD+3).
But I can see it in Terminal... oh, and I can see it in 'as List' view (CMD+2)

So all's not lost... stupid bug though!!!

Strange, I tried to wake my Leopard this morning, and it wouldnt. So after a hard reset, I tried to see my Tiger from finder 'as Columns' and ...it worked fine!

No idea...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.