Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

intoxicated662

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 29, 2008
I need help with getting FaceTime to work on my iPhone 4s 5.1.1

I have searched several pages of google and tried just about everything i've come across and nothing fixes it. I have a Pay as you GO AT&T micro sim (official) that activates FaceTime and iMessage. However, I want to use the phone Unlocked with what I currently have which is Simple Mobile. Once I switch out the sim cards, FaceTime goes back to "waiting for activation". It also has the at&t phone number greyed out, even though I have the Simple Mobile sim card inserted. Is there a fix for this? Any help is appreciated.

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
I need help with getting FaceTime to work on my iPhone 4s 5.1.1

I have searched several pages of google and tried just about everything i've come across and nothing fixes it. I have a Pay as you GO AT&T micro sim (official) that activates FaceTime and iMessage. However, I want to use the phone Unlocked with what I currently have which is Simple Mobile. Once I switch out the sim cards, FaceTime goes back to "waiting for activation". It also has the at&t phone number greyed out, even though I have the Simple Mobile sim card inserted. Is there a fix for this? Any help is appreciated.

FaceTime and iMessage must get activated for the use of your cellular phone number by sending out an activation code which un-official carriers see as an International SMS, therefore these services don't get activated on your cellular phone number when using an un-official carrier. You can use them with your email address however.

intoxicated662

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 29, 2008
FaceTime and iMessage must get activated for the use of your cellular phone number by sending out an activation code which un-official carriers see as an International SMS, therefore these services don't get activated on your cellular phone number when using an un-official carrier. You can use them with your email address however.

So in other words, there is currently no fix for this and only hope that in the future someone will figure out a fix for it? I had an iPhone 4 32gb that I activated with an official at&t sim and later FaceTime still worked on it with a simple mobile sim card.

I guess we're out of luck until the i4MMS fix comes for the iPhone 4s.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.