Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Nov 12, 2012, 04:17 PM   #1
andyx3x
macrumors 6502a

Is anyone else still having wifi issues after updating to 6.0.1?

I bought my iPhone 5 last Monday. Everything was OK until yesterday when I updated to 6.0.1. Since then, I lose my wifi connection everytime I put my phone to sleep.

I've researched the issue on the web and have gotten a couple of tips but they haven't seemed to work. I've reset the network settings and restored the phone in iTunes trying to see if that would help and it hasn't.

I'm curious if this is a widespread issue or if I should just go the Apple Store to try and get a replacement phone. Any responses or tips would be appreciated.
andyx3x is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2012, 05:24 PM   #2
albertxp06
macrumors regular

You're not the only one. My WiFi speeds are great on Speedtest, but in any other app, it's slow as hell. Reset and restore did nothing.

My does drop connection was well every once in a while when I'm watching a video. It switches to LTE so seamlessly that I ended up using a good chunk of my data plan before I noticed.

Last edited by albertxp06; Nov 12, 2012 at 05:59 PM.
albertxp06 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2012, 05:28 PM   #3
darster
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyx3x View Post
I bought my iPhone 5 last Monday. Everything was OK until yesterday when I updated to 6.0.1. Since then, I lose my wifi connection everytime I put my phone to sleep.

I've researched the issue on the web and have gotten a couple of tips but they haven't seemed to work. I've reset the network settings and restored the phone in iTunes trying to see if that would help and it hasn't.

I'm curious if this is a widespread issue or if I should just go the Apple Store to try and get a replacement phone. Any responses or tips would be appreciated.
When you wake your phone, does it re connect? If it does, that is normal. Wifi drops off when your phone goes to sleep.
darster is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2012, 06:11 PM   #4
andyx3x
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by darster View Post
When you wake your phone, does it re connect? If it does, that is normal. Wifi drops off when your phone goes to sleep.
After the phone goes to sleep, when I wake it up the phone is now on Edge(I'm with T-Mobile). I then have to enter my wifi password again to get it running.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 06:20 PM   #5
darster
macrumors 68000

Quote:
After the phone goes to sleep, when I wake it up the phone is now on Edge(I'm with T-Mobile). I then have to enter my wifi password again to get it running.
Have you tried restoring as new and not from a backup? It's a pain, but Apple is likely to tell you to try that before bringing it back.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 06:30 PM   #6
Generik777
macrumors regular

Mine still sucks after the update. Ended up getting a replacment sent to me. Hopefully it works better.
Generik777 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2012, 06:58 PM   #7
GrandPhrase
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Just wondering.. Why did they make it like that? Battery life? I mean wouldn't cell data use as much battery?
GrandPhrase is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2012, 06:59 PM   #8
andyx3x
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Have you tried restoring as new and not from a backup? It's a pain, but Apple is likely to tell you to try that before bringing it back.
Yep, did that as well. A few hours ago.

Now my phone is suddenly keeping a wifi signal after waking it up from sleeping. Hope it lasts.

P.S. I spoke too soon. I'm losing the wifi signal again after putting the phone to sleep. My battery life has dropped a good bit since the update as well. I used to get fantastic battery life, now I lose about 3 percent per hour in standby mode.

Should I call Apple support and try and get their help or should I just go to the Apple Store? I have one about 15 minutes away.

Last edited by andyx3x; Nov 12, 2012 at 07:56 PM.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 09:02 PM   #9
darster
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Yep, did that as well. A few hours ago.

Now my phone is suddenly keeping a wifi signal after waking it up from sleeping. Hope it lasts.

P.S. I spoke too soon. I'm losing the wifi signal again after putting the phone to sleep. My battery life has dropped a good bit since the update as well. I used to get fantastic battery life, now I lose about 3 percent per hour in standby mode.

Should I call Apple support and try and get their help or should I just go to the Apple Store? I have one about 15 minutes away.
You need to make a genius appointment, so give them a call.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 02:44 AM   #10
Luq1279
macrumors newbie

Yeah i have a 64gb iphone5 i have the same wifi problem even after the update (6.01) i dunnoe what to do because i had ordered it from dubai and i stay in india ! Anyone noe how can i get it replaced from here?
Luq1279 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone