Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Nov 28, 2010
located
What do you mean by that? I can use Safari and its zoom function (CMD++ and CMD+- on the homepage just fine. Maybe tell us what browser and version and Mac OS X version you use? But only maybe.

Comeagain?

macrumors 68020
Feb 17, 2011
Spokane, WA
On the forum homepage? When using the mobile site there isn't really a reason to zoom in. If you do need to zoom in fur some reason, you can switch to the full site by clicking "Desktop (Full) Version" at the bottom. The full site can zoom in.

ravenvii

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
Melenkurion Skyweir
You should be able to now.

Also, iPad is intended to be viewed in "Fixed" (default)

arn

THANK YOU! (using the iPhone here)

I never understood why people disable it for normal iPhone-formatted websites anyway. I get disabling it for webapps, which makes sense, but for iPhone formatted websites? Dumb.

iigsie

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 17, 2007
You should be able to now.

Also, iPad is intended to be viewed in "Fixed" (default)

arn

Thank you.

I presume this was just an oversight, but to have it disabled intentionally is the height of developer arrogance.

MoparShaha

Contributor
May 15, 2003
San Francisco
Not sure if this is related or not, but the homepage text is squeezed into a very small column on my iPhone now when viewed in the mobile version. I have to view the homepage in the standard view to be able to read it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.