Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BaldiMac

macrumors G3
Jan 24, 2008
Not by a huge amount, but currently Android is 'winning.'

Android may be "winning" the market share race, but Apple is getting the prize money and sponsorship support. Android gets the plastic trophy and leftovers. :D

BaldiMac

macrumors G3
Jan 24, 2008
Please explain because you've lost me!

Apple has all of the advantages of being in first place even though they're not.

Profits
Developer support
Accessory support
Largest userbase for features like FaceTime and iMessage
Support for integration into cars and home entertainment systems
Etc.

Dave.UK

macrumors 65816
Sep 24, 2012
Kent, UK
Apple has all of the advantages of being in first place even though they're not.

Profits
Developer support
Accessory support
Largest userbase for features like FaceTime and iMessage
Support for integration into cars and home entertainment systems
Etc.

The same can be applied to Android handset manufactures though.

mapledress

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2013
I don't care any more. Just love my white iPhone 5 now, may be one day will switch to the Samsung galaxy s4. Apple have fall behind in the game, but not too far.

newagemac

macrumors 68020
Mar 31, 2010
Except the three other articles posted in this thread that say ios has lost marketshare!

Whats that? They dont count because they have a years worth of data compared to just 3 months?! :rolleyes:

Amazing what ios fans say and do to help them validate their purchase!

You might want to look at that screenshot again and reread my post before making a fool of yourself on public forums. Again, it's comparing a year ago to now. Not what's happening recently as in the last few quarters. I know it must be pretty hard on you to know that iOS is gaining market share in the U.S. at the expense of Android. In fact, it must be devastating. And they aren't even on T-Mobile yet. I feel really sorry for you. I really do.

divinny

macrumors newbie
Feb 16, 2013
When the iOS 7 and iPhone 5s out Apple will gain more share and start dominate again, cause it must be a major update

Dave.UK

macrumors 65816
Sep 24, 2012
Kent, UK
You might want to look at that screenshot again and reread my post before making a fool of yourself on public forums. Again, it's comparing a year ago to now. Not what's happening recently as in the last few quarters. I know it must be pretty hard on you to know that iOS is gaining market share in the U.S. at the expense of Android. In fact, it must be devastating. And they aren't even on T-Mobile yet. I feel really sorry for you. I really do.

The fact is im not in the US and couldn't really give a monkies who has the most marketshare over there! Theres only one person here making a fool of themselves. It dosent matter how long the stats go back, if ios has recently taken market share, that will show up.

Anyway, I think your a little too emotionally attached to stats and ios judging by your posts.

BaldiMac

macrumors G3
Jan 24, 2008
The same can be applied to Android handset manufactures though.

No, it can't. The iPhone has the advantage in each of the areas I listed.

Really?

I'm pretty sure those are for Apple products only.

A better one would be Skype, Instagram, etc.

I was was referring to advantages for first-party features. Skype is available for both platforms.

Renzatic

Suspended
A better one would be Skype, Instagram, etc.

Yup. Skype made up 1/3rd of all cell phone calls last year, didn't it? I'd say that puts it well ahead of Facetime and iMessages.

The biggest problem with Apple services is that they only work when in contact with other Apple devices. Like iMessages? It's awesome, but I only occasionally have a chance to use it to its full extent. Facetime? I've used it twice so far.

AppleScruff1

macrumors G4
Feb 10, 2011
Yup. Skype made up 1/3rd of all cell phone calls last year, didn't it? I'd say that puts it well ahead of Facetime and iMessages.

The biggest problem with Apple services is that they only work when in contact with other Apple devices. Like iMessages? It's awesome, but I only occasionally have a chance to use it to its full extent. Facetime? I've used it twice so far.

You've never sent me an iMessge.

AppleScruff1

macrumors G4
Feb 10, 2011
Cuz you're a fandroid. I have to send you janky texts. :mad:

I am not. I use one of these and texts weren't invented yet. :D

Motorola_A_DPC-550.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.