Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > Mac Blog Discussion

Old May 8, 2013, 10:11 AM   #76
Michael Goff
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightarchaon View Post
its actually quite useful, in that it highlights bad companies to the general public, EAs 2nd win a row hit the international news, along with the reason WHY it had been chosen..

This can only be good in the long run, if people see an EA logo and start to equate that with a bad product, or being ripped-off then EA will have to change its marketing and products to avoid further bad press.

Its easier to get bad press than it is to get good press, the news like failure and cock-ups more than they like success stories.
No, it really isn't. Any competition that says a mediocre publishing company is worse than companies that crashed the economy is worthless.
Old May 8, 2013, 10:37 AM   #77
Kissaragi
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Goff View Post
No, it really isn't. Any competition that says a mediocre publishing company is worse than companies that crashed the economy is worthless.
It seems if your an angry gamer that messing up the launch of simcity is a worse event than merely crippling the worlds economy.
Kissaragi is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2013, 10:46 AM   #78
Rossatron
macrumors 6502a

wait wait wait

when you say playable offline, d'you mean playing with no internet connection for the DRM, or offline like playing solitaire? because if it's the latter, i can't understand why someone would like to play a human, doing mundane human things, but with no real interaction, just with NPC's.
Rossatron is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2013, 11:48 AM   #79
Nightarchaon
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Its what the company did THAT year, not previous years.

Its like saying no other film should get any Oscar nominations this year except gone with the wind...

Sure the banks screwed us, and continue to screw us, but in the same way the oil, electric, water, gas, power, supermarkets ETC ETC do, EA is finding new and interesting ways to stick two fingers up at us on each new release.
Old May 8, 2013, 11:53 AM   #80
Michael Goff
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissaragi View Post
It seems if your an angry gamer that messing up the launch of simcity is a worse event than merely crippling the worlds economy.
That's only if you're a self-absorbed idiot.

Quote:
Its what the company did THAT year, not previous years.

Its like saying no other film should get any Oscar nominations this year except gone with the wind...

Sure the banks screwed us, and continue to screw us, but in the same way the oil, electric, water, gas, power, supermarkets ETC ETC do, EA is finding new and interesting ways to stick two fingers up at us on each new release.
2011 and 2012 had giant banking scandals. Remember the robo-signing? Remember the banks trying to foreclose (and succeeding) on property they didn't even own? I'm sure that somehow a mediocre game is worse than kicking people out of their own homes.
Old May 8, 2013, 11:26 PM   #81
iryanaway
macrumors newbie

Really?!?!?

Quote:
That's only if you're a self-absorbed idiot.

2011 and 2012 had giant banking scandals. Remember the robo-signing? Remember the banks trying to foreclose (and succeeding) on property they didn't even own? I'm sure that somehow a mediocre game is worse than kicking people out of their own homes.
How much do they pay you? You obviously must work for them... I can understand defending a company, but Ive been reading through this forum and your comments are only showing the blatant insensitivity that the rest of the people in this forum are so upset with EA about, I truly hope the people at EA do not agree with your posts Michael Goff, because that would be a sad sign for the company
iryanaway is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2013, 10:05 AM   #82
Michael Goff
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by iryanaway View Post
How much do they pay you? You obviously must work for them... I can understand defending a company, but Ive been reading through this forum and your comments are only showing the blatant insensitivity that the rest of the people in this forum are so upset with EA about, I truly hope the people at EA do not agree with your posts Michael Goff, because that would be a sad sign for the company
Insensitivity is saying that people who are kicked out of their homes by robosigning don't have it as bad as people who can't play a freaking game. It's a game, people. If you spent 60$ on it and can't play it for a week, you can still eventually play it. If you've been paying tens of thousands of dollars on a house and it gets foreclosed on for no reason? You're out of a house.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 07:53 AM   #83
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtOfWarfare View Post
No, EA treats all customers on all platforms equally poorly. Check PC gaming forums and you'll see the same (completely justified) whining.

I'm just surprised that I'm not alone anymore. I've been complaining about EA since 2004 and officially started boycotting their products in 2007 when I realized it wasn't just a few bad games or a few bad managers, but that the entire company is dedicated to making money by selling BS it calls "games".
Nope. They don't treat all platforms equally poor. If that was the cause. Why in the heck that MAC User didn't get the World Tool in Sims 3?

The so called Band-aid is Hog Wash. I was once a fan of EA and the Sims but they don't treat MAC users the same as the PC Users.

----------

Quote:
You cant watch paint dry, unless you first buy the decorating pack, and watching paint dry pack..

Extra colours other than white are $0.69 each

Companies that make Paint could probably do better at making Sims Games than EA and Maxis.
8404 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2014, 08:13 AM   #84
ArtOfWarfare
macrumors 603

Send a message via Skype™ to ArtOfWarfare
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8404 View Post
Nope. They don't treat all platforms equally poor. If that was the cause. Why in the heck that MAC User didn't get the World Tool in Sims 3?
Some platforms get treated more equally poor than others.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 10:31 AM   #85
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Some platforms get treated more equally poor than others.

Then why did you say "
Quote:
EA treats all customers on all platforms equally poorly
"?

Show me a Game that has awesome feature from EA that PC Users don't get but Mac Users does get? Yes It has to be a Sims Game as well.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 01:42 PM   #86
ArtOfWarfare
macrumors 603

Send a message via Skype™ to ArtOfWarfare
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8404 View Post
Then why did you say ""?
Because I made a mistake five months ago?

Anyways, I long ago lost trust in EA and have been actively avoiding any game they're involved with for the past 7 years now.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 02:28 PM   #87
AX338
macrumors regular

Location: London (where the dirt says hot but the label says not)
Look forward to this.
AX338 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2014, 05:21 PM   #88
macrumors newbie

I don't believe in EA.

Quote:
Because I made a mistake five months ago?

Anyways, I long ago lost trust in EA and have been actively avoiding any game they're involved with for the past 7 years now.

Okay. I'd proclaimed EA and Sims as the Warios.
PCs as Marios
Macs as Luigis.

I found the owner of EA Sports on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/ro.sims.31

We can change the way EA Sports do. If you and everyone who uses MACs.

Challenge Him:

By message him.

This:

1. Sims 5 for Mac version first..
2. World Tool only for MACs. For making up to us for not having it for Sims3.
3. Basement
4. Swimming Pools.
5. Toddlers.
6. The First update for the Mac. Should be PC's base game.
Old Oct 17, 2014, 08:54 AM   #89
justaguy77
macrumors newbie

Sigh

The sooner you hard core Mac fans realize that Mac's are not for gaming, the better this gaming world will be. Every time a game company comes out a product, you moan and complain about anything. You should be mad at Apple and not the gaming camps. That one comment said something about spending hundreds of dollars on EA products... Like you iSheep don't do this now. Prime example: iPhone6 - New phone with technology that has been used since 2011. I just wish these gaming companies would just stop making games for Macs all together.
justaguy77 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2014, 07:20 PM   #90
kupkakez
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by justaguy77 View Post
The sooner you hard core Mac fans realize that Mac's are not for gaming, the better this gaming world will be. Every time a game company comes out a product, you moan and complain about anything. You should be mad at Apple and not the gaming camps. That one comment said something about spending hundreds of dollars on EA products... Like you iSheep don't do this now. Prime example: iPhone6 - New phone with technology that has been used since 2011. I just wish these gaming companies would just stop making games for Macs all together.
And you joined MacRumors why?

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > Mac Blog Discussion