Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion

Old Dec 6, 2014, 06:20 AM   #1051
dmj102
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscriv View Post
Started to binge watch Cinemax's Banshee today. Just a few episodes in, but so far so good. Pretty intense show with an interesting premise.
Thanks, I'll check that one out.
Old Dec 6, 2014, 01:20 PM   #1052
Huntn
macrumors 604

Quote:
Started to binge watch Cinemax's Banshee today. Just a few episodes in, but so far so good. Pretty intense show with an interesting premise.
Netflix assessable? I'll check.
Huntn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2014, 08:30 PM   #1053
mscriv
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmj102 View Post
Thanks, I'll check that one out.
We finished the first season and started the second. There is no gap between the two. I like when shows literally pick up right where they left off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntn View Post
Netflix assessable? I'll check.
I'm not sure. We are watching it "on demand" through our provider.
Old Dec 7, 2014, 11:01 PM   #1054
Huntn
macrumors 604

Quote:
We finished the first season and started the second. There is no gap between the two. I like when shows literally pick up right where they left off.

I'm not sure. We are watching it "on demand" through our provider.
Do you need a Cinemax subscription, I presume to watch it on demand?
Old Dec 8, 2014, 06:09 AM   #1055
dmj102
macrumors regular

We've starting watching Banshee. I like the story line and that it's action packed. That was a crazy fight scene in Episode 3. The funny thing was that the crowd just stood and watched the entire "anything goes" fight scene. Too much lol. I do like the characters in Banshee. No one is annoying compared to Walking Dead annoying characters. I'm hooked on this one.
Old Dec 8, 2014, 01:15 PM   #1056
vulcanvillalta
macrumors 6502

Just finished Season 1 of The Killing last night. I was really hoping to be able to stop after the first season, but now I feel inclined to keep going... Ugh tv shows suck out my soul and leave me with time for nothing...
vulcanvillalta is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2014, 01:34 PM   #1057
Huntn
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by vulcanvillalta View Post
Just finished Season 1 of The Killing last night. I was really hoping to be able to stop after the first season, but now I feel inclined to keep going... Ugh tv shows suck out my soul and leave me with time for nothing...
Pace yourself...
Old Dec 8, 2014, 04:58 PM   #1058
mscriv
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntn View Post
Do you need a Cinemax subscription, I presume to watch it on demand?
We've got AT&T Uverse and to watch "premium channels" On Demand you do have to be subscribed to that specific movie channel. We're currently on a 3 month free preview for HBO/Cinemax. I'll promptly cancel once our free 90 days are over. Not sure about your TV set up in terms of service, but often you can get between 30 -90 days free for premium movie channels or packages. With On Demand services like they are now you can binge watch a lot of stuff during that time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmj102 View Post
We've starting watching Banshee. I like the story line and that it's action packed. That was a crazy fight scene in Episode 3. The funny thing was that the crowd just stood and watched the entire "anything goes" fight scene. Too much lol. I do like the characters in Banshee. No one is annoying compared to Walking Dead annoying characters. I'm hooked on this one.
Yeah, there's a lot of fighting in the show. I'm glad they filled in the back story some to help the audience understand how and why he had to learn to fight and how he did it. In season 2 there's a good line where someone says "you don't fight like a small town sheriff"
Old Dec 8, 2014, 05:09 PM   #1059
danny_w
macrumors 601

Midsomer Murders, Inspector Morse, Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries, Bomber Girls, George Gently (all on Netflix).
Old Dec 9, 2014, 02:11 AM   #1060
impulse462
macrumors 65816

I know I posted this before, but I just finished season 2 of Newsroom. What a great show. Incredible acting and writing; just a pleasure to watch. Also Mac is definitely my favorite character. The ensemble cast really feed off each other and that gives the show a synergistic feel in my opinion.
Old Dec 9, 2014, 11:27 AM   #1061
Huntn
macrumors 604

Quote:
We've got AT&T Uverse and to watch "premium channels" On Demand you do have to be subscribed to that specific movie channel. We're currently on a 3 month free preview for HBO/Cinemax. I'll promptly cancel once our free 90 days are over. Not sure about your TV set up in terms of service, but often you can get between 30 -90 days free for premium movie channels or packages. With On Demand services like they are now you can binge watch a lot of stuff during that time.

Yeah, there's a lot of fighting in the show. I'm glad they filled in the back story some to help the audience understand how and why he had to learn to fight and how he did it. In season 2 there's a good line where someone says "you don't fight like a small town sheriff"
Thanks for the info. I looked at Banshee viewing options and opted out of paying $1.99 an episode. They (subscription movie channels) were smart regarding their channel specific programming. If it were not for things like Homeland, Game of thrones and a long list of shows before them, we would have dumped them a long time ago. With its wealth of TV programming, Netflix at $8 for streaming is a bargain.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 12:54 AM   #1062
obeygiant
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by obeygiant View Post
Just started The Sopranos.
Just finished it. Great series obviously. My wife was pissed at the ending! haha but who wasn't? Chris was one of my favorite characters. I started it the end of August.
obeygiant is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2014, 02:15 PM   #1063
impulse462
macrumors 65816

Newsroom ended last sunday gonna miss it. Definitely one of top 5 favorite shows and definitely my favorite HBO show.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 02:47 PM   #1064
mscriv
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by impulse462 View Post
Newsroom ended last sunday gonna miss it. Definitely one of top 5 favorite shows and definitely my favorite HBO show.
They did a good job wrapping up the show and I must say it is one of my favorites as well. The writing was excellent and the characters were both believable and endearing. The banter, wit, and sarcasm were just so enjoyable.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 03:41 PM   #1065
Moyank24
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by vulcanvillalta View Post
I just finished finished watching BBC's "The Missing" and was trying to find a good, new show to watch over the break.

I've always wanted to watch this, but just never got around to it. I may start it up this weekend. A coworker also mention Banshee, but The Killing seems more like my thing.
Moyank24 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion

Tags
television, television shows