Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

novetan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 3, 2010
In photography, an unfinished processed photo can be saved in PSD or TIFF for future tweaking. How do we save an unfinished project in iMovie?

I was told iMovie will auto saved to whatever status we have completed. If there isn’t a way to save an unfinished project, what happen if we close iMovie, hibernates the com, put to sleep, shut down, power failure and batt not working.

I can do an experiment but right now I’m in the midst of doing a project (my first attempt). So I dare not venture for any experiment at this moment.

Tks for input.

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
Backup is your friend here.....Take regular backups on an as you go basis.preferably to an external drive....USB drives are dirt cheap, and as long as you only use one for backups and archiving, they an cost well under $100. That way you have your project files safely stored off Mac.

novetan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 3, 2010
Backup is your friend here.....Take regular backups on an as you go basis.preferably to an external drive....USB drives are dirt cheap, and as long as you only use one for backups and archiving, they an cost well under $100. That way you have your project files safely stored off Mac.

Assuming no computer or harddrive failure, my question still remains as above. How?

Dave Braine

macrumors 68040
Mar 19, 2008
Warrington, UK
As you've already said, iMovie autosaves any changes that you make to a Project. iMovie Project files are in Home Folder>Movies>iMovie Projects.

what happen if we close iMovie, hibernates the com, put to sleep, shut down, power failure and batt not working.
Nothing. The Project has been saved.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.