Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Jun 24, 2013, 10:26 PM   #126
StinDaWg
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacepower7 View Post
I'm not arguing if iTunes 1080p sucks, maybe it does? I'm arguing that your screenshots are not scientific proof. You screen shots assume all things being equal which neither you or I know.

You are posting screen shots as facts, science, assuming many factors.

I'm not arguing your opinion, I'm arguing against your assumptions and screen shots bc you can't back them up? Neither of us have all the technical details.

I really don't care if iTunes 1080p is good or not, you just haven't been willing to talk about science, facts, and math.
How many screenshots do you need to see? There are about 50-60 posted in this thread showing that 720p has more detail. The (facts) are that the 1080p bitrate is only 20% larger with a million more pixels (math). These are native screenshots taken at the same frame. It even shows that in the top left corner of the picture. There's nothing else you need to know. Use your eyes.
StinDaWg is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2013, 01:41 AM   #127
spacepower7
macrumors 68000
 
Join Date: May 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by StinDaWg View Post
How many screenshots do you need to see? There are about 50-60 posted in this thread showing that 720p has more detail. The (facts) are that the 1080p bitrate is only 20% larger with a million more pixels (math). These are native screenshots taken at the same frame. It even shows that in the top left corner of the picture. There's nothing else you need to know. Use your eyes.
Um you can post a million, but you will never prove your point. You have no scientific method. You can have an opinion but no without solid math/scientific facts, you can't support your opinion as a fact.

I'm not agreeing with you or disagreeing with you. I'm saying your argument is flawed and you should have never passed 6th grade science class.

You are arguing your opinion and I'm asking for facts, screen shots from different uncontrolled sources is your claim to proof?
spacepower7 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2013, 04:15 PM   #128
StinDaWg
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacepower7 View Post
Um you can post a million, but you will never prove your point. You have no scientific method. You can have an opinion but no without solid math/scientific facts, you can't support your opinion as a fact.

I'm not agreeing with you or disagreeing with you. I'm saying your argument is flawed and you should have never passed 6th grade science class.

You are arguing your opinion and I'm asking for facts, screen shots from different uncontrolled sources is your claim to proof?
You're just arguing for arguing sake at this point. These are from the same frames of the same shows downloaded from the official itunes store released at the same time. I watch about 10-15 episodes a month and compare 720p to 1080p both paused and casually watching on the couch. The 720p looks better 99% of the time, with the exception of animation which is sharper in 1080p. All you need are your eyes to see the difference. Math and science have no weight in this argument. All of the variables are the same, I've already stated that several times.

Your statement is petty, asking for facts on something that can not be proven, and you know that. Fact:Barack Obama is the 44th President of the United States. It cannot be dis-proven. Video quality is subjective and will never be proven. You're basically arguing over nothing, and de-railing the entire topic of this thread. The comparisons have been posted for all to see. The information is freely available.

A few more
http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/21051
http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/23134
http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/23267
http://screenshotcomparison.com/comp...6870/picture:3
http://www.screenshotcomparison.com/...0368/picture:9
http://screenshotcomparison.com/comp...8096/picture:1

Last edited by StinDaWg; Jun 25, 2013 at 04:52 PM.
StinDaWg is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2013, 02:39 AM   #129
spacepower7
macrumors 68000
 
Join Date: May 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by StinDaWg View Post
You're just arguing for arguing sake at this point. These are from the same frames of the same shows downloaded from the official itunes store released at the same time. I watch about 10-15 episodes a month and compare 720p to 1080p both paused and casually watching on the couch. The 720p looks better 99% of the time, with the exception of animation which is sharper in 1080p. All you need are your eyes to see the difference. Math and science have no weight in this argument. All of the variables are the same, I've already stated that several times.

Your statement is petty, asking for facts on something that can not be proven, and you know that. Fact:Barack Obama is the 44th President of the United States. It cannot be dis-proven. Video quality is subjective and will never be proven. You're basically arguing over nothing, and de-railing the entire topic of this thread. The comparisons have been posted for all to see. The information is freely available.

A few more
http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/21051
http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/23134
http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/23267
http://screenshotcomparison.com/comp...6870/picture:3
http://www.screenshotcomparison.com/...0368/picture:9
http://screenshotcomparison.com/comp...8096/picture:1
Hmm I'm petty for asking for facts? Are your screenshots links jpeg or tiff? How were they captured? What software? Did the the website you linked to optimize the jpegs in any way?

Again, I'm not arguing against your opinion, I'm arguing against your "so called" proof, actually the lack of proof.

If you want to state something as fact, please have all the facts and technical details to back it up. If you want to state something as opinion, then don't post silly screen shots as facts?

Since you like to argue, maybe you should go to law school?

Maybe at law school you'll learn the difference between facts and opinion?

The funny thing in our debate here is that I may agree with you 100%, but you have no facts to support your opinion.

Peace
spacepower7 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2013, 04:00 PM   #130
StinDaWg
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacepower7 View Post
Hmm I'm petty for asking for facts? Are your screenshots links jpeg or tiff? How were they captured? What software? Did the the website you linked to optimize the jpegs in any way?

Again, I'm not arguing against your opinion, I'm arguing against your "so called" proof, actually the lack of proof.
The screenshots are uncompressed .png. Requiem was used to remove the DRM so the screenshots could be taken natively. 720p is upscaled using Spline36. screenshotcomparison.com doesn't alter the file in any way.
StinDaWg is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2013, 08:24 PM   #131
GarrettL1979
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Just throwing this out there-- but I definitely agree the Apple's 1080p content looks better than its 720p. No contest!
GarrettL1979 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2013, 09:10 PM   #132
StinDaWg
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarrettL1979 View Post
Just throwing this out there-- but I definitely agree the Apple's 1080p content looks better than its 720p. No contest!
Congratulations, you're legally blind.
StinDaWg is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2013, 09:28 PM   #133
GarrettL1979
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by StinDaWg View Post
Congratulations, you're legally blind.
Hah-- just messing with you.
GarrettL1979 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2013, 09:53 PM   #134
StinDaWg
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
StinDaWg is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Can ATV2 downscale 1080P content from iTunes Store? Narked Diver Apple TV and Home Theater 16 May 6, 2014 10:29 PM
Unable to play 1080p content on AppleTV chenks Apple TV and Home Theater 12 Apr 15, 2013 08:02 AM
Apple TV 2, downscale 1080p content? ra4oasis Apple TV and Home Theater 3 Dec 25, 2012 09:15 PM
Apples Apples aka Apps - Can I delete them? deGenova iPhone and iPod touch Apps 8 Oct 23, 2012 11:55 AM
1080p content / Apple TV (2nd Gen) / 1080i TV wayne905 Apple TV and Home Theater 4 Jul 24, 2012 11:07 AM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:35 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC