Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

scaredpoet

macrumors 604
Apr 6, 2007
To all the people freaking out on OP: Guess what, nobody made you reply to this thread.

No, but the OP did open a thread here, and the whole idea of having a discussion forum is for people to discuss. Even if you get an answer you don't like.

If you don't want to help, then don't type a reply, its not that hard. Don't tell him to "Call Apple and find out."

Actually, many people on here HAVE helped, by telling the OP the correct answer: they're past their return period. No more exchanges. Stop obsessing.

vastoholic

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2009
Tulsa, OK
To all the people freaking out on OP: Guess what, nobody made you reply to this thread. If you don't want to help, then don't type a reply, its not that hard. Don't tell him to "Call Apple and find out." There are people on MR that actually want to help people, not just bash them 24/7.

But we as a forum, will not know exactly what the apple store will say. In this case, it truly is best to call and find out what they say, instead of getting the opinions of a bunch of random strangers.

LostMyiPhone

macrumors 6502
Dec 19, 2012
Good: here's an objective answer --

You shouldn't feel terrible, you should feel . . . oh, never mind.

You're one of the reasons iphones cost so damn much. And why my Apple stock is in the toilet. Thanks.

Good job.

phew!

I was under the impression this kinda stuff was why the iPhone cost so much:

steve_jobs_yacht_venus.jpg

Good to know it's really just those greedy consumers... You'll make an excellent board member one day!

----------

Beyond wondering how people like this get dressed in the morning, I really couldn't care less how much you regret the choice of your phone color. That said, people who continually exchange perfectly functional devices just because they don't like the color or people who attempt to fraudulently return their device after water damage, etc, makes it harder for people with legitimate problems to get the same level of service we've come to expect from Apple. Remember Costcos super liberal return policy? Of course you don't, they had to stop because people kept abusing it, just like these people are abusing Apple's return and exchange policies. Enjoy it when the warranty is reduced to 3 months as a result

While I agree with you, I must point out that Apple is sitting on a pile o cash like none other and their iPhone has, at the very least, a 100% markup (up to a 400% markup. quick google source: http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2012-09-20/business/35494758_1_new-iphone-earpods-lte-networks)

What this means is that every single person could exchange their iPhone 1-3 times to break even on cost vs. price. Sure there are likely other overhead and fixed costs etc... but the point is most people -- millions of them, won't exchange their phone even once... therefore it's really not *that* big of a deal for Apple to exhange a few OCD/indecesive peoples phones once or twice. Not to mention the phones that are exchanged aren't just thrown out... they re-use at least the processor.

Like I said, I agree with what you said and I've thought about the demise of the excellent customer service myself but the financial numbers contradict this belief/prediction...

ReanimationN

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2011
Australia
Agreed. For crying out loud it is only 2 colors to choose from: white or black. How hard can that be?:rolleyes: I'd hate to see how the OP would react having to buy a new iPod touch with 6 colors to choose from.:p

The OP must be losing their shizen at the rumours of iPhones being made in the same colour range as iPod touches. ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.