Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Buying Tips and Advice

Old Feb 8, 2013, 05:13 PM   #1
avsrock90
macrumors newbie

Airport Express Australia Edition vs. US Edition

Hi All,

Currently in Australia for 6 months and needing a new router for my apartment. I'll be back to the US at the end of that stint and would like for whatever router I get to work in both places.

I could either buy the Australian version (with the Aussie power cord) and then try and buy a US power adapter for it when I get back (is this even possible???), or have family mail me the US version and run it through a power converter here. I know that the channels are somewhat different between the two models - it looks like the Australian version has more available, so maybe it makes more sense to get that version and bring it back?

Thanks for any thoughts!
avsrock90 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2013, 05:12 AM   #2
Giuly
macrumors 68040

Location: That depends whether you ask for timezone, state of mind or GPS coordinates.
It should let you choose the country and make proper bands available.
Giuly is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Buying Tips and Advice