Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Jul 19, 2013, 08:23 AM   #1
stumichael
macrumors newbie

iMessage not sending or receiving messages

Was chatting on iMessage (messages) on my Macbook Pro as I normally do to other iMessage users who might be using their iPhones or computer. While I was already in the middle of a conversation I went to send another message and it just disappeared.

I restarted my computer and tried again, still nothing was sending. I then deleted all the conversations and tried to start a new one. Still nothing would send and still the messages would just disappear.

I then deleted my iMessage account from the computer and re added it. That was all good, but again went to send a iMessage and the message would not send. I notice people who would send me iMessages their name will appear on the top of list of conversation i'm having in iMessage but no message actually appears from them, but appears on my iPhone and iPad just fine.

Does anyone know why I can not send or receive iMessage from my Macbook Pro and why it just suddenly stopped working for no reason? I know some part of it is still working as most recent texts I get, that username appears at the top of the conversation list on the Macbook.

Please help!
stumichael is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2013, 11:19 PM   #2
Badrottie
macrumors 68030

iMessage server might be down? I dunno.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store